Thursday, November 19, 2009

A small taste of what its like with 2 kids...

Tonight, we had the pleasure of getting to babysit Noah's little 2 1/2 week old cousin, Eastlon. It was his parent's (Jamie's brother Chris and his wife Stacey) 4 year anniversary so they went to dinner and left E with us... and we LOVED IT! I was very curious as to how Noah would handle his mommy holding another baby, but he didn't seem to mind, in fact, he was completely fascinated with Eastlon. He wanted to sit right beside me while I gave E his bottle and he kept rubbing his cheek against E's head... it was precious. He gave him several kisses on the head, as well. When I laid Eastlon in the floor to change him, Noah was right there beside me watching. When we put him in the bouncy seat, Noah crawled over to him to sit beside him.... He literally couldn't get enough!

It's so funny how just 5 short months made such a difference in his personality because this past summer, I kept Noah's other cousin, Madelyn, and Noah didn't like me holding her. He just seemed really upset by her being at our house. But Madelyn was a little older (around 4 months) and she did some crying, which in turn, upset Noah quite a bit (remember?... sympathy cryer). Fortunately, Eastlon only wimpered like once for a second, which didn't faze Noah. I think my little boy is going to be such a GREAT big brother whenever the time comes. He such a loving and sweet little boy and tonight just reaffirmed that!

And for the record, Jamie and I handled two kids just fine. It was pretty easy, however, we only had Eastlon for a couple hours, but still ... do-able. Of course, I'm sure if they were BOTH mine and I was going on next to NO sleep, after spending all day at home with 2 kids, while Jamie was at work, then I would be singing a MUCH different tune!

1 comment:

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

Noah is going to be a great Big Brother!!! :)