Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bye Bye Diet

Saturday night, my mom, Jamie, and I discussed whether or not we thought Noah was benefitting from his GFCF diet.  He HAS made progress in several areas, however, we believe that it's progress he would have made regardless of what he was eating.  I personally, have never thought he had a gluten and/or casein allergy.  Our therapist wanted us to try it and see if we had results, so we tried it.  However, after 4 1/2 weeks on the diet, we decided to take him off of it.  I haven't noticed any changes in his behavior since taking him of the diet(convincing me even further that he didn't have the allergy).  So, life is much easier now that he's able to eat REGULAR foods! :) 

Therapy is going well, they continue to work him HARD and he is getting stronger each day.  Jamie came to visit this past weekend, which was great.  We took Noah to the galleria on Saturday and we did a little bit of shopping.  Later that night, we went to dinner at J. Alexander's while Mom and Carol kept Noah.  Then, he and mom went home on Sunday.  One thing I've realized is that I don't do well away from him for an extended period of time.  Even though I am with my aunt and my grandmother, I really miss Jamie.  But we've only got a the rest of this week and next week and then we're back home.  Plus, it is nice getting to spend this time with my aunt and my Nonnie.  I know one day, hopefully many years from now, when my Nonnie is gone, I will look back at these three weeks and appreciate that Noah and I were able to spend so much quality with my 83 year old grandmother!

1 comment:

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

I know you miss Jamie! I would miss david (after an extended period of time, LOL!) That is awesome that you are missing him though. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. AND yes! You will so appreciate this time You and Noah had with Nonnie! Priceless 3 weeks! i miss you and ready for you to COME HOME!