Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Rap Up

Being that we are still in newborn baby mode, the holidays really snuck up on me. I feel like it should still be October rather than December 2. Thanksgiving has ALWAYS been my favorite holiday simply because there's less hustle and bustle (compared to Christmas) and it's the official start of the holiday season. I love that Thanksgiving is really about enjoying your family and all of the many blessings in your life. I also love having Jamie home during during the Thanksgiving break. We spent Collier's first Thanksgiving Day with Jamie's family, enjoying a delicious lunch at Deer Step Hunting Lodge. Deer Step is my sister-in-law's hunting lodge and it's located about 30 minutes outside of Florence. It's become somewhat of a tradition for us to have our Thanksgiving meal out there. Collier was perfect and didn't fuss at all while we were there and Noah, Eastlon, and Madelyn (Noah's cousins) had a good time running around and playing in the floor. However, the BEST part of that day was that Collier slept 5 hours that morning (or Wednesday night)from 12:40 - 5:30am... it was GLORIOUS! Jamie and I both woke up when he cried out at 5:30 and when we realized how long he had slept, we high-fived each other! It was awesome to get more than a couple of hours of sleep at one time and we felt very well rested for Thanksgiving Day.

The following day, my aunt Carol and my grandmother, Nonnie, came in town from Birmingham to spend the weekend with my family. They arrived just in time for us to all watch the Alabama/Auburn game at my parents house. Alabama dominated the first half, but to our disappointment, Auburn came back and beat us. Needless to say, Jamie was not a happy camper. I'm pretty sure he would have cried had we not been with all of my family. Since my sister had to work Friday and Saturday (gotta love retail), we had Thanksgiving with my family on Saturday evening, after she got off work, and it was delicious! My mom and aunt made Nonnie's dressing and it is by far, mine and Jamie's favorite. In fact, when Jamie and I were planning our wedding, I joked that I wanted Nonnie's dressing to be served at our reception! It definitely did not disappoint! This was Nonnie's first time meeting Collier and I made sure to get some sweet pictures of her holding him.

On Sunday, we took Collier to church for the first time since his arrival. We had intentions of going the week before, when he was 4 weeks, however, he decided to stay up that entire Saturday night, so we had a change of plans. However, this past Saturday night, he did much better so Jamie and I got both boys up and ready and actually made it on time for Sunday School. Trying to get two kids dressed, fed, and out the door by 9:30am is so chaotic! Once we got in the car, we both felt like we'd just gone through a hurricane! Collier did good in the nursery and Noah enjoyed being back in his class with his buddies. My mom teaches Noah's class so he always loves it!

We spent the rest of Sunday afternoon relaxing at my parent's house. My mom took over baby duty and let me take a much-needed, uninterrupted nap. And like all good things, our Thanksgiving weekend came to an end.




























Photobucket

1 comment:

The 6 W's said...

Sweet pics! I have an Aunt Carol and was blessed to have had a Nonnie!! Too cool! ; )