Noah had his first therapy visit in Birmingham this afternoon. They evaluated him and set goals for the next 2 weeks. One of his goals was to take 2-3 steps on his own, without support from anyone or anything. Well, I wasn't there, but Jamie said Noah was really showing off and did a great job all day. Right before his session ended, he took FIVE steps on his own! We are so proud of our sweet, determined little boy! Needless to say, the therapist is changing his goal since he met it after his very first visit! They also couldn't believe the difference in him this year compared to last year. The big thing is that he now has the motivation and wants to walk and he's so much more willing to do the therapy. They were amazed at the change in his personality.
In the past couple of weeks he has begun standing on his own, without using anything for support. His balance has gotten so much better. And even last week, he bent down, picked up a big ball, and stood back up. These things that are so easy for most kids are huge milestones for Noah. He's so close to walking and I can't wait for the day when I get to see him do it for the first time! I have a strong feeling that day will be really soon.
Here's a few pictures of Noah having a good time in the bathtub the other night. As you can tell, he loves playing in the bath, especially when I add bubbles to it.




4 comments:
Great News, Whitney and a very sweet post!
Yah Noah! Hopefully he will be running all over the house by this time next year!
Way to go Noah!!! That sweet smile just melts my heart!!
That is GREAT! So proud of Noah!
Post a Comment