My 30th birthday was this past weekend and we celebrated in a big way! About a year ago, Jamie and I both talked about how we should take a trip together, just the two of us, to NYC for my birthday. However, once my dad received his diagnosis the future became slightly uncertain so it was impossible for us to plan a trip, with my parents keeping the kids, when we didn't know how dad would be doing and whether or not he would be past his transplant, going through it or too sick to even keep the kids. So, about a month ago, when we realized mom and dad would probably be home by the time of my birthday, Jamie asked what I would like to do... take a weekend getaway somewhere (not NYC but somewhere within driving distance) or have a party. My answer?... BOTH! Hehe :) After talking about it some more, we came up with the idea of booking a suite at the Marriott Shoals, having a party there, and the two of us staying there overnight. Two birds, one stone! We had friends join us that afternoon for the Alabama - Penn State game, then we had Dales cater hors d'oeuvres that evening. I had a GREAT time and we had a big turnout all throughout the day. I'm blessed to have so many sweet friends that helped me ring in my 30's!

My pretty, DELICIOUS cake from Abram's Bakery
Right before kick-off
LOVE these girls and so thankful for their friendship over the past 10+ years!
1 comment:
FUN! Glad you had a good turn out.
Is one of those girls Jenna? She just started working at the hospital...I'm pretty sure that is her.
My hubby and I are taking a NYC trip sometime soon also...I was supposed to go toward the end of the month with my best friend, but we didn't have the funds to do it. So Brennen has promised that we will go in October or November! So...hope we can work that out!
Post a Comment