Thursday, August 23, 2012

We Survived!

Noah's first day of school went off like a breeze! That morning, Jamie hung around and stayed behind with Collier while I drove Noah to school.  When I walked him in his classroom, he was excited to see that one of his teachers from last year was there to help ease in the transition to kindergarten.  This made it SO MUCH easier and Noah sat down with her while his teacher gave me a tour of the special ed facilities.  When I was getting ready to leave, Noah was happy as can be so I didn't prolong the goodbye's and he never shed a tear... and neither did I! I was proud of us both! :)  Midway through the day, I received a very sweet text from his teacher that he was a having a GREAT day.  When 3 o'clock rolled around and I arrived to pick him up, he was happy to see me, but I could tell that he had a good day at school, too!

And for me and Collier, we had a fun day together as well, meeting Jamie for lunch at Rosie's, running a few errands and enjoying some one on one time with eachother! 





 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Noah! So glad that he loved kindergarten!

Karen said...

Yay! My mother-in-law, Jeanne works there and said she saw Noah having a good time. :)