As I reflect back on 2012, I think of it fondly with a smile on my face (and it seems impossible that is already gone by). 2012 was good to us! Really, really good. Jamie and I traveled together several times and even visited some new places. Such as getting to go early in the year to New Orleans to the National Championship game with friends. That was definitely the best trip that we've ever been on with friends. We both fell in love with New Orleans, ate some incredible 'Nawlins cuisine, had a BLAST and witnessed an awesome football game as Alabama claimed their 14th Championship title.
A few months later, my dad was told that he was in remission. Excited and grateful were an understatement for the way my whole family felt! It was like a 500 lb boulder had been removed from all of our shoulders. Even though he has to receive chemo injections every other week and have checkups periodically, we were so glad to have this scare behind us! Noah turned 5 in April and how it's even possible is beyond me. Jamie and I traveled south for Memorial weekend and enjoyed some fun in the sun, sans kiddos, at our favorite vacation spot within driving distance, The Hilton at Sandestin. And Noah graduated from preschool AND began walking on his own, completely unassisted. What a blessing!
Our summer kept us busy with days at the pool, VBS at church, a visit to the Memphis zoo, and grilling out with family and friends. In early August, Jamie and I enjoyed a weekend away to Atlanta for our 9th Anniversary and Jamie's 33rd birthday, where we cheered on the Braves and played at Six Flags. The next week on our actual anniversary, my sister gave birth to her beautiful baby girl and I became the very proud aunt to sweet little Harper. Just a few weeks later, my sweet boy began his first day of Kindergarten. What a milestone! While initially it was a hard adjustment for him, it turned out to be a huge blessing and he is doing amazing. We love his teacher and his school and I couldn't ask for a better first half of the school year.
At the beginning on September, I found myself on a plane headed to the Big Apple with some of my dear friends for the trip of a lifetime. We went to a Broadway play, saw Central Park, toured the Empire State Building, did an NBC Studio Tour, experienced China Town, ate some DELICIOUS food, viewed the Statue of Liberty and the Freedom Towers and even had a crazy night out in the Meatpacking District. We saw and did as much as possible in our 4 days there. We all fell in love with the city and I can't wait until I get the opportunity to go back (with Jamie by my side). Shortly after our trip, I turned 31 and Collier started preschool at King's Kids. He loves his school and his new buddies and has learned so much. October brought us a trip to the pumpkin patch, our church fall festival and Collier's Mickey Mouse Birthday Bash... and of course, Trick-or-Treating on Halloween night.
Of course, the holidays were right around the corner with Thanksgiving and then Christmas and all the festivities in between and here we are at the beginning of 2013!
Despite being 9 days away from having surgery, I'm excited about what this year has in store. Back in Februrary, Jamie and I purchased a lot in Heritage Village, a neighborhood on Cypress Creek, and sold our house in October. We are closing in 26 days (yes 2 weeks after my surgery!!) and moving into our rental house. While trying to get the whole house packed up before I have surgery and then dealing with moving while I'm still recovering from the surgery isn't an ideal situation, I'm still very excited about this next chapter. Construction on our house will begin soon and I must say, building our own home has always been a dream of mine. Also, we already have a couple of fun trips planned for this upcoming year, including one for our 10 year anniversary and a family trip to the Happiest Place on Earth in the fall! So here's to 2013, to the things that we already have planned for this upcoming year and to the things that we are unaware of that lie ahead in the next 12 months.
+edited.jpg)

edited5.jpg)
edited.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
edited.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)
edited2.jpg)
edited.jpg)

powellchristmascard+-+edited3.jpg)
edited1.jpg)
EDITED.jpg)
EDITED.jpg)
Edited5.jpg)
1 comment:
Such a sweet post! I love all of your pictures!
Post a Comment