Our flight the next morning wasn't until 10:20am so we planned to leave the hotel around 8 and get to the airport by 8:30... which with traffic became 9:00am. We did curbside check-in (which by the way is free! How did I not know this?) which made it MUCH easier to navigate the airport NOT having to check in our luggage at the ticket counter. With a 2 year old that tends to run wherever he goes and a 6 year old that will just walk off if you don't keep an eye on him, we had a bit of anxiety about navigating the airport and keeping up with 3 large suitcases. Curbside check in saved the day! Debbie and I got out with the kids while Jamie and his dad parked the cars, then we all headed to go through security. While waiting in the line, we begin pulling out our ID's and Jamie couldn't find his wallet. His ID was in this little removable section of his wallet but the actual wallet part that contained every bit of our cash for the trip was MIA. We made it through security and checked all of our carry-ons for his wallet, to no avail. Jamie headed back through security, out of the airport and into the parking deck to search the car. During that time, I ask the curbside check in guy if a wallet was left behind and of course, it was not. Unfortunately, this kind of thing isn't too uncommon for Jamie. I would like to say that I'm used to it (he's on wedding band #3 and I can't even count how many times he has misplaced his wallet, watch, keys, etc) but being that I'm the complete opposite and had to keep up with all the essentials for myself and our 2 kids and their carry-ons, I was doing everything I could to not get upset! Especially since he insisted that he had put it in my purse before we left the hotel. After all the craziness, we realized our flight was about to board so we headed to our gate without Jamie. I was blowing his phone up with texts because I was getting nervous that he might miss the flight and he literally ran up to the ticket counter as me and the boys were handing the flight attendant our tickets. And no, he didn't find his wallet. We had already decided that Debbie and I would sit with Noah and Tony and Jamie would sit with Collier. We were afraid the take-off and landing would be too much for Noah and that he would get upset and since Collier is into planes we thought he would love every minute of it. Boy were we wrong! Noah wasn't phased a bit by the flight and actually enjoyed it. Collier was upset during take-off and landing because the flight attendants made him sit in his own seat and buckle up instead of letting him sit in Jamie's lap. Since we bought a ticket for him, he was required to sit in his own seat. Needless to say, he SCREAMED his head off and once the flight attendants buckled themselves up, I told Jamie to put the poor child in his lap and not worry about it. Its silly to me that if he was under 2 he would be allowed to sit in a lap, but at the age of 2 he was required to sit in a seat despite being scared. Since Jamie was so stressed over his misplaced wallet, he literally didn't say a word the entire flight, except when he tried calming Collier down. Once we got in the air, Collier came over and sat with me and the boys played with stickers until if was time for the landing. We flew Southwest and it was a direct flight to Orlando, that only took a little over an hour so we were in Orlando before we knew it! As soon as we got our luggage, Jamie opened his bag up right there and thank the good Lord, his wallet was in the top, OUTSIDE pocket. Thank goodness, the zipper didn't come unzipped or no one decided to snoop and take it! When it was found, we all breathed a sigh of relief.
We finally got to our condo that afternoon and decided to just spend the rest of the day at our resort. We stayed at Hilton Grand Vacation Suites at SeaWorld and our room was AWESOME. We had a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom suite that had a kitchen, den, dining room and laundry room. It was bigger than the rental house we were living in! I guess that's a good thing when you've got as many staying there as we had during the upcoming week. Upon checking in to the hotel, our City Elite double stroller was there waiting for us and our groceries arrived right on time. Talk about service! I'm SO glad we rented that stroller! It was in great condition and was a life saver at the parks. The kids rode in it majority of the time and even took a few naps in it. It was large enough that Noah had enough room (he's a tall kid) and would hold up to 100lbs so it was perfect. We rested up the remainder of the day and Tony, Debbie, Jamie and Collier went down to the pool while I laid down for a nap with Noah.
This was our room, we had a King bed and our own bathroom. Noah slept on a pallet on the floor (he's a wild sleeper and takes up an entire bed so it's hard to sleep with him) and Collier slept in the bed with us. Even though Collier didn't nap hardly at all and he would stay up until we went to bed, he did well sleeping with us! I just didn't worry about the no naps.
This is the dining room and the den is beyond that arch.
Here's the kitchen and to the far left of the picture was a hallway that led to the other 2 bedrooms/bathrooms.
The next morning we got going around 9 and headed to Epcot. It was about a 15 minute drive from our hotel to the parks so we got there shortly after they opened and as soon as we walked in we spotted Goofy. Collier's mouth dropped when he saw him and we hurried to get in line to meet our first character. Collier was on cloud 9 and could hardly wait his turn. When it was our turn, he suddenly got bashful and just handed Goofy our autograph book and stepped back. After a little coaxing he hugged him and talked to him. Noah was pretty excited as well and we were able to get some cute pictures of the boys with Goofy. Afterwards, we headed to Guest Services. Since Noah has special needs, we qualified for a handicap pass that allowed us to fast pass pretty much all rides as well bring our strollers through the lines, instead of having to leave it at the entrance of each ride. We had a note from our doctor just in case they questioned anything (which they didn't.) This ended up being a HUGE blessing because Noah would have worn out very quickly had he been required to get out of the stroller and stand during the long lines. He was able to do so much more thanks to the pass. It was really awesome! I have since been told that Disney is doing away with the handicap pass because people were abusing it. That is pretty upsetting because we had such a great experience and they were so accommodating for Noah that we have already talked about going back in 2 years. I hope that they will continue to allow it with a doctor's note otherwise I will be very disappointed! After getting our pass we headed to our first ride, The Seas with Nemo & Friends and then went to a cute show, Turtle Talk with Crush. Next up was Soarin', an amazing ride where you sit in these seats with your feet dangling and are lifted up over a huge dome that is all around you, giving you the feeling of hang gliding over California. Noah rode with me and Jamie while Debbie and Tony sat with Collier (he was too short to ride). I didn't really know what to expect but as it got started I was afraid that Noah would be overstimulated and get upset. I was a nervous wreck and even though he was strapped in, I hand my arm across him. However, he loved every second of it! It was such a fun ride that really played with your senses making it feel so real! Even at one point, you fly over an orange grove and can smell the oranges!
Afterwards, we headed to the World Showcase to meet up with a friend of Tony and Jamie's that was there with his family, and we all ate lunch in Mexico. Noah fell asleep during lunch despite the food being delicious! After lunch we toured the World Showcase... I'm always amazed by the detail that goes into each of the countries. It's so exciting, realistic and fun to see. We stopped in Germany to buy some caramel candies from the Wether's Caramel shoppe. I wanted one of everything! It all looked and smelled amazing... but the caramel and chocolate covered popcorn was the best! There were cute little side shows at some of the different countries and we even spotted Belle outside of France. As soon as we made it all the way around, it began to sprinkle. On our way out, we saw Chip & Dale (or ChipDale, as Collier calls them) and got in line. Noah was pretty worn out since it was late afternoon so he stayed in the stroller with Debbie and Tony while Jamie, Collier and I waited in line. It was so cute watching Collier interact with Chip and Dale and they gave him a fist bump. After that, we headed out of the park, only stopping for a couple of pictures in front of the infamous Epcot golf ball. We got back to the room and Noah took a nap. Collier didn't nap the entire trip but did great and was in pretty good moods most of the time. We ended up staying at the resort that night and just eating at the hotel restaurant.
Side Note: Staying off property had its positives and negatives. For one, we didn't wear ourselves out because we would go to the parks during the morning/afternoon and spend the evenings at the hotel (or go to dinner) however, there were times when Jamie and I wished we could run to a park to ride some adult rides without the kids, but because we were off property it wasn't as easy to do so we did miss out on some things, even though we still had a great time. That about wraps up days 1 & 2! If you didn't already realize from my blog, I'm a very detailed person, so undoubtedly I will include almost every recollection of our trip for my own personal benefit. I hope you don't mind!





No comments:
Post a Comment