The week of Valentine's Day we were forecasted to have SNOW so school was cancelled for not 1 but 3 full days! On Tuesday, we were pleasantly surprised to wake up to a beautiful blanket of white fluffy snow. The boys couldn't wait to get outside and play so we bundled up with as many layers as they would allow and headed out into the cold. Collier had a blast playing in his first snow (or at least his first snow where he was old enough to play in--the last snow was when he was just 3 months old) and before I knew it he was covered from head to toe in the white powder. He climbed up on the trampoline and loved bouncing and rolling around in it. Noah has ALWAYS loved being outside and was happy just walking around and checking it all out. After awhile, both boys had rosy cheeks and runny noses and luckily it didn't take too much convincing for them to come inside to warm up! Later that day our beautiful snow melted into a muddy mess but the next evening, more snow came in it's place. However we never got the chance to get the boys back out in it before it melted away again.
Friday, February 14th, Noah only had half a day of school for Teacher In Service day so they had a small Valentine's party following lunch, right before school let out at 11:30. Since it was a small thing, parents weren't invited, but I did provide some treats for his classmates. Collier's class party got postponed until the following Tuesday because of the snow days. His teachers also did a low key party for the kids where the parents each provided bags of candy and treats and they put together snacks bags for the kids as well as let them pass out their cards for one another.
Thanks to a sitter, Jamie and I celebrated our 12th Valentine's together with a delicious dinner at Sweet Basil Cafe. It was a perfect evening since the restaurant had a small, intimidate dinner set up with a band providing entertainment. As soon as we arrived our table was set and waiting for us so no long waits like at most restaurants on Valentine's night! Some friends of ours also had dinner reservations there so we were able to visit with them and since they only accepted a certain number of reservations, there was no rush for us to leave and we were all able to enjoy each other's company. And the food was delicious... quite possibly one of the best steaks I've had in a long time!
The next week, Noah came home with this belated Valentines gift for me... he painted it completely by himself and I ADORE it. I have actually been working with him to sign 'I Love You' so when I received this gift, my heart melted. I know I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I am so very blessed to have these 2 precious boys and my amazing husband in my life. I love them more than words can express and they make my world complete.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment