Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Santa Misfortunes
So I just wanted to share this somewhat humorous story with you all... We went to Birmingham on Monday evening b/c Noah had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning. I wanted to go to Riverchase Galleria and have his picture made with Santa because a.) he had his pic with him last year and b.) its a really good looking Santa and the decorations/backdrop are really good. The decorations at Regency Square are pitiful looking and so I wanted to do the picture somewhere else. So we get to the Galleria around 7ish Monda night and I get Noah changed into his Christmas outfit in the bathroom and we go to where Santa is set up ... to our surprise it's "Bring Your Dog and Get It's Picture Made With Santa Day!!!" You wouldn't BELIEVE how many people with their HUGE dogs were there... there was a St. Bernard, a Rottweiler, a Boxer, etc etc. Basically a disaster waiting to happen! (and this one little lady had her poor little cat in a carrier, I'm sure that cat was TERRIFIED) Noah was in a pretty good mood, however it was dinnertime and the line was really long. Plus the dogs were all barking at eachother and I didn't think Noah would tolerate that for too long. So we go eat dinner at the food court and see if the line gets shorter after we do a little shopping. Jamie finishes feeding him and I go to Gymboree to return some things. I meet back up with Jamie and guess what, Noah's thrown up Chicken Noodle Soup ALL over his Christmas outfit. So much for pictures on Monday night... but our thoughts are that we can wash his outfit at my aunt's house and come back to the galleria after the doctor's appointment. Well, unfortunately things don't always go as planned, right? His appointment was at 10:30am so I thought we would get out in time to have pictures before Santa goes to lunch or maybe get there after his lunch. Well the doctor ordered an X-ray which took a little longer. We get back to the galleria around 12:45pm and guess what?!?! They had shut the line down so Santa could finish up a few more pictures and head off to his lunch break for the next hour! Noah was soooo ready for his nap and I just knew that if we hung around for another hour that he would have a meltdown so we just left. I guess it just wasn't meant to be! Fortunately, we are going to Huntsville on Thursday so I'm going to attempt Santa pictures in Huntsville... hopefully it will go better that this one did! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Whit!!!!
How funny!!! I know that had to be frustrating!!
That is a funny story. It's hard to plan things with little ones, isn't it? Especially when they are tired!
Thanks for the advice about the towel under the mattress...we are going to try that tonight. Colton already seems to be feeling better today.
Oh goodness. Well let me share my Santa story. I was supposed to take the kids in town to a festival..long story short I had to drive to H-ville with to ILL kids to see Santa as promised. In their PJ's! IT ended up being fun though, you know you gotta be flexible if you are a mOmmy:)
Post a Comment