Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Progress Report

Well, our house is coming along... obviously, we haven't moved in like we hoped we would "at the first of January"... in fact, we probably won't be in at the first of February either. I'm thinking mid-Feb. Jamie said today, he thinks 3 - 4 more weeks tops, however, I'm NOT willing to place a bet on that! :) In any case, I'm not stressing over it because we have a house to live in until however long it takes to complete the new one and I've lived here 5+ years, so whats another few weeks? Anyways, just wanted to post a few before and after pictures and let you know where we are at. Cabinets have been installed, but they still have to be glazed. We are putting a chocolate glaze on them so that it will really show up in the grooves. I'm soooo excited to see the finished product b/c we kind of went out of limb with these. We saw them in a house during the Homebuilders Parade of Homes and took pictures to show our cabinet guy. I think he did a great job building them! Also, the trim is almost completely hung and is being painted this week. After they finish painting trim, they will begin painting walls. I'm really excited about my colors and hope it all turns out looking good. After they finish painting, they'll install hardwood, ceramic, and carpet. Then we're in! The kitchen is the room that's had the most work so here's the before and after. Today, I ordered my curtains for the kitchen and den and I'm SO excited about them... she said they would be finished in a month or two and I can't wait!

Before


After


Close Up

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

Wow!! I can't wait to see your NEW house!! The cabinets are beautiful!

Nina Long said...

Beautiful!!!