Monday, January 26, 2009

30 Random Facts About Me

So I got this idea from Facebook and thought I would add it to my blog. Except on Facebook, it was only 25 facts, however, I wanted to add more.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 30 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 5 people to be tagged.

1. I had a crush on Jamie for about 6 months or so before we actually met... in fact, I remember joking with a friend that I was going to randomly call him and invite him to go to a Phi Mu Formal with me. Turns out, he had a crush on me to. Little did we know... :)

2. I've learned SO MUCH since Noah's birth... I'm ALOT stronger than I've ever given myself credit for, I've learned patience, I've learned not to take simple things for granted, and most importantly, I've realized that's God's hand is truly in every situation

3. I over analyze everything and it drives Jamie crazy... he's always saying "why do you care, it's not a big deal!"

4. I love music, but my guilty pleasure is rap/hip-hop... the beats get me so pumped, plus they remind me of college and high school. a few fav's are Tu Pac, Eminem, Timbaland, 50 Cent, Snoop, Dr. Dre. I beep out the cuss words though, or cut the volume down

5. I love learning the lyrics to songs and (like Chenequa) as a kid used to rewind tapes over and over until I had them memorized. Now I just google the lyrics and learn them that way.

6. However, I've been known to mess the lyrics up... for example, I thought the song Regulators said, "And if yo A$$ is a buzz cut, 213 will regulate..." and it actually says, "And if yo A$$ is a BUSTA', 213 will regulate..." Thanks for pointing that out Chenequa

7. I have scoliosis and I'm lactose-intolerant

8. B/c of the scoliosis, I had to wear a back brace for 2 years - 23 hours each day when I was in middle school, which was pretty traumatic. My mom said it changed me b/c some people picked on me.

9. The scariest thing I've ever been through was the week leading up to Noah's surgery, however, the day of the surgery, I was strangely calm and I know it was God holding my hand

10. My grandfather died on my 24th birthday and I watched him take his last breath

11. Ghost stories make my eyes water but I love hearing them

12. I am OBSESSED with the Cranberry Turkey Temptation sandwich from Heavenly Ham and look forward to when its available each year... Oct. - Jan. (it's a seasonal sandwich). I emailed Heavenly Ham asking them to make it a year round sandwich, but to my disappointment, I was denied.

13. I played in the Fast Pitch Softball World Series when I was 16 years old.

14. My dad and I butt heads alot, but it's bc we are so much alike. But I still think the world of him and love him.

15. I love to dance with my girls, preferably in Nashville, at Decades, on a box... but it's been soo looong since I've gotten to.

16. I make an excel spreadsheet for everything... I LOVE EXCEL. And the more complicated the spreadsheet, the better.

17. Footloose has been my favorite movie since I was 3 and I can quote it word for word. "Jump Back!"

18. I love to sing in the car and don't like when people try to talk to me when I'm singing

19. I admire my husband, he makes me a better person

20. I received the "Most Improved Senior Chorus Member" award on Honor Day my Senior Year of High School... seriously, how embarrassing! I'm still not sure if that's something I should be proud of! :)

21. When I'm trying to go to sleep, I need the room to be pitch black and completely quiet. When Noah was a baby, I HATED the monitor b/c I couldn't sleep. I finally got rid of it. My thoughts are if he needs me, I'll hear him (his room is right by ours)

22. I think Keanu Reeves is the worst actor and his voice is so monotone and annoying

23. I don't love talking on the phone when I'm home with my family

24. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving b/c of my Nannie's dressing & gravy and all of the casseroles... I wanted it to be served at my wedding reception

25. I have a serious addiction to diet coke... I can drink a 2L per day

26. I'm a bad impulse buyer but then I always have buyers' remorse. I've even gone right back in the store and returned an item before.

27. It annoys me when someone is leading the music at church and they talk DURING the song, like telling you what the next line to the song is... I mean, we can read the next line of the song on the screens.

28. I tend to correct someone when they use bad grammar. I'm really trying to stop doing this b/c I know it can be insulting. I just do it without thinking.

29. I compare people to animals. I look like a pony, more specifically, a My Little Pony.

Okay, I now tag:
1. Martina
2. Nina
3. Sonia
4. Amanda
5. Leslie Burch

1 comment:

HRich said...

you do look like a "My Littl Pony"!!!! TOTALLY! Also you only listed 29 things. I need the 20th thing Whit-Naynay!
Love ya girl!