Thursday, February 19, 2009
Slowly But Surely Coming Along...
Well, I want to start off by mentioning that for Valentine's Day, Jamie surprised me with a laptop... something I've been wanting FOREVER b/c the ol' desktop was about 4 years old... which is ancient in computer years. So I lay in my bed as I type this! The house is definitely coming along and you'll probably laugh at me for saying this, but I think we'll be moving in two weeks (however, I feel as though I've been saying, "we'll move in 2 weeks" for the past 2 months!) Our walls are painted, our cabinets are finished, ceramic tile and hardwood has been layed... right now, we are waiting on the electricians to finish up with their part in the downstairs and for the tub guy to come paint the awful blue tub that is in the guest bath. After that, I THINK they will clean the place up and lay the carpet and be done. Jamie and I have been on a wild goose chase for furniture the past 2 weekends. This kind of thing is SO right up my alley, I LOVE decorating and the thought of new furniture totally excites me. To make a long story short, we originally decided to just buy a new cocktail table and end tables for the den. So 2 weekends ago, we spent the entire day and traveled to Story & Lee in TN and then to Town & Country in MS with no luck. Then that Tuesday, we were in B'ham for one of Noah's appointments and spent the morning looking as well... no luck. Then the following week, Jamie decides that he wants to get a new couch and a leather recliner for upstairs and just put our current stuff downstairs in the tv room.... so guess what, that meant we had to start ALL OVER b/c we hadn't been looking for couches/chairs during our first furniture run. So this past Saturday, Valentine's Day, we burned up the roads again, and visited the EXACT same places and the only success we had was that I found a cocktail table and end tables that I love. We are both so frustrated with furniture shopping... who thought it would be this hard to find something that you like?! I just hate having to drive all over the place to look for it. Today, while I was in Huntsville for Noah's therapy, I went to a couple of places and have found 2 different couches that I really like, as well as a leather recliner that I think Jamie will like. So I guess that is what we will be doing this Saturday and I am determined to come home with furniture! Here are some pics of the house as it is now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Whit it looks great! I can't wait to see it!
Whitney your house looks great!!
Your house looks great! I can't believe y'all are moving in two weeks. That is so exciting!
Wow it looks really great!!! Have fun moving in!!!
Post a Comment