I just re-did Noah's room and have been looking for a lamp to go with the new color scheme, however have had a hard time finding something I like for a reasonable price. So, I decided to make my own and it was SO easy and turned out so cute that I thought I would share with you all, in case someone would like to try it for themselves.
First I bought a plain white lampshade for around $10 at Target. I used painters tape to trim around the area that I wanted to paint... the tape helped keep it neat and in a straight line. I painted red around the bottom of the lampshade. Like so...
Then I used blue ric-rac (found in the fabric dept with the ribbons) purchased at Walmart for around $2 and used a hot glue gun to attach the ric rac around the edge of where I painted. If your lampshade flares out, you will have to use 2 pieces of ric rac so that it lays flat when you are gluing it down.
Then I purchased a lamp base from Walmart for $10 and spray painted it red. To get a good finish, I sanded it, then spray painted until it was smooth and even. Make sure to get the right kind of spray paint for your lamp base (ex. get the paint for plastic if its a plastic lamp base). And wah-lah... the finished product!
4 comments:
You did such a great job! I am going to have to do that when I get some time this summer! : )
Good Job!
I love Noah's room and I am not at all surprised that you did the lampshade yourself! After all you are a jack of all trades!!
his room looks so great!! does he sleep in a big boy bed already? (if so, wow!)
Post a Comment