So Noah's still going strong with the crawling and has even pulled up a couple of times on furniture. He tends to pull up on my parent's ottoman. I keep hoping I'll catch it on camera, but no such luck yet. I LOVE IT... I love that he's able to go where he wants and move all over the place. It's so cool watching him discover his new found independence. He's gone 2 years relying on me (or Jamie or whoever) to carry him to where he wants to go so it's that much more incredible to be able to witness him figure out that he can now go where he wants on his own! I feel like we are really about to see a whole new side of his personality. In the past, he freaked out if I left his side and this past week, he would just take off on his own to go explore... have I said I LOVE IT, because I do! :)
Now, along with the crawling, we have a bit of a predicament... once we moved, we converted Noah's crib to a bed and bought side rails to put on it. Yesterday, during his nap at my parent's house, he woke up and sat up, and apprently, crawled OFF the bed. So last night, we heard him crying, and found him sitting up in bed. I'm afraid he's going to begin crawling off the bed, or pull up on those rails and fall over them head first. So we ended up putting him on a blow-up mattress on the floor last night. I think we are going to have to convert his bed back to the crib to keep him from falling out of it!
Also, this past Thursday, we had the evaluation for the "spider suit" physical therapy program at Children's Hosp. and the therapist definitely thinks Noah will benefit from the program. He's been added to the waiting list. He'll probably begin in the fall/winter and it will be for 3 weeks, 3 days each week, 3 -4 hours a day... it's intense so I hope he's able to tolerate it. I'll tell ya what, God really was looking after us when it came to this program... in the past, the wait has been up to 2 years to get in the program... plus the wait just to get an evaluation is normally up to 6 months long! We were able to get an evaluation within 6 weeks, and will begin the program in less than 6 months! Not only that, but now that Noah has begun crawling and is becoming more independent, I think it will allow him to tolerate working with the therapist much better than if he wasn't crawling. I'm amazed at God's timing in this... things are truly falling into place perfectly.
4 comments:
Whitney, we are more than happy to have you guys stay with us if you need somewhere during the therapy at Children's. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you do. Hannah Claire would love the company!
Colton has crawled off the bed before. I don't think little ones have that depth perception. But it is GREAT that he can crawl off the bed now!!! :)
Brandi,
Thanks for your offer! Luckily, my aunt lives in Vestavia and has 2 spare bedrooms, she's divorced, so she WELCOMES the company. So we'll be staying with her, but I appreciate you offering!
Whitney
ALL... The toddlers who makin' progress, THROW YA HANDS UP AT ME!
Whoop Whoop for Noah!
Post a Comment