Six years ago today, I said "I Do" to my best friend. I seriously can't believe it's been 6 years because that sounds like a long time (at least to me), but it has really flown by so quickly! In the time we've been married, we been through alot... not to say that's it all been easy, but I wouldn't change any of it for a second. When I look back to the people we were when we first married.... MAN, have we grown up! But I'm so proud of the couple we've become and the family we've created together. I'm so grateful for God's plan and that he brought us together when He did.
So to celebrate the big day, Jamie planned a trip to Huntsville for us. We left on Saturday mid-afternoon and did some tax-free shopping at Bridge Street. As surprising as it may be, Jamie is my favorite person to go shopping with (and he enjoys it too)... it's always been our thing, to go out of town and shop, and I always have so much fun shopping with him. He had made reservations at The Melting Pot, which I was SOO looking forward to. We ordered "The Big Night Out" which is 4 courses... first was cheese fondue with breads, veggies, and apples. Next was the salad (we had the Caprese salad), then the entrees... lobster, filet, chicken, shrimp, pork tenderloin, and sirloin that you fondue in a seasoned broth, and lastly, chocolate fondue with marshmellows, strawberries, bananas, etc! We chose the Chocolate S'mores, which was milk chocolate with marshmellow topping mixed in and crushed graham crackers... one word: AWESOME. It was quite an experience but afterwards, we hurt we were so full. We both decided next time, we would just do cheese and chocolate fondue. But MAN was it good! We stayed at the Westin Saturday night and then did a little more shopping on Sunday before we headed home. It was really nice to be able to spend time together, just the two of us!
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! We went to the Melting Pot for ours too. It was fun, but I'm not a big meat eater, so I sort have tried to fill up on cheese and veggies.
Congratulations!!
Congrats to you! And I completely agree on choosing a few things at Melting Pot. We, too, have left aching from attempting the 4 courses (who could really do that?!). Glad y'all had some good "couple time." :)
Post a Comment