So, Noah's been on his GFCF Diet for one week now and I must say, it's getting a tad bit easier. I'm coming up with more options for him to eat and surprisingly, he's doing very well eating all the foods! This past weekend, my mom found some items at Publix in B'ham so that's helped too. He's been eating alot of steamed veggies, rice, turkey meat, potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc. so I'm afraid he might lose some weight and he's skinny enough as it is! The only difficult thing I've found about the diet is whenever we are not at home, I'm having to plan ahead. For example, on Sunday, we went to church, so I packed him some GFCF pretzels and juice. During Sunday School (me and Jamie were filling in for one of the teachers), they had a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party and everyone had cake and chips... and poor little Noah sat there and ate his boring old pretzels. :( Poor guy... the good thing is that he could really have cared less. Then after church, we went to my grandmother's to eat and there wasn't anything that Noah could have. At this point we had only been doing the diet for a few days, so I didn't think to ask my g-mother for some fruit or something to tie him over until we got home. So Jamie and I ate quickly and took him home and fixed him something. I felt so bad that I didn't pack him a sandwich or something. So, lesson learned... always pack a sandwich, just in case.
With Christmas coming up in the next few days, I'm going to have to get creative in order to make some meals to pack to take to all of our family functions. My mom plans on making seperate dishes for our Christmas lunch that Noah can eat so that will help out tremendously! What would I do without her?! :)
1 comment:
Your such a great Mommy..I'm sure that your efforts with this new diet will pay off..best of luck and hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment