Monday, December 7, 2009

We got THE call...

The Physical Therapy department of Children's Hosp. called us this afternoon to let me know that they have worked Noah into the Spider Suit Program (the intense physical therapy program) for January! We had our evaluation back in July and they told us it would be sometime during the fall or winter when he'd get in, then about a month ago they told me it would be more like February or March... but apparently they had an opening and got him in! So Noah and I will be staying in Birmingham with my aunt for 3 weeks while Noah goes through the program. It's Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30am - 12:30pm for 3 weeks so it's definitely strenuous. I hope that Noah cooperates well and gets the most out of it. I'm very excited about this and really really praying that he'll be walking at the end of the program (I've heard it's possible!). Jamie's not looking forward to being by himself for 3 weeks but of course, is excited about the rewards that will come out of it.

Noah has a tendency to be a difficult patient when it comes to his therapy sessions. Each week in Huntsville, he fusses and cries (very loudly and persistently) to try and get out of doing his therapy (and he won't cooperate AT ALL with me in the room so I always have to leave.) About a month or two ago, he started doing REALLY good, and wouldn't cry and just did exactly what the therapists wanted him to do, but as of the last 2 sessions, he has reverted back to his crying and stubborness. So please keep Noah in your prayers as we get ready for this and that he does a great job and cooperates with his therapists during those 3 weeks and gets TONS of benefits out of it!

7 comments:

KylaB said...

Will definitely keep y'all in my prayers! How amazing that he got in the program so soon!! :)

The Penter Family said...

great news. let me know when you come down. you, me and rebecca baggett welo can all get together for lunch or dinner one day...

The 6 W's said...

That's wonderful news!! yeah, I'm staying with my parents in Birmingham and having my son here so I'd love to have lunch with yall! I'm due Jan. 15 so not sure when you'd be here but hopefully it'll work out! Congrats to little Noah!

Karen said...

That's great! I'll be praying for you guys. :)

Leah Lindsey Wooten said...

That's such great news! Y'all are in my prayers!

Leslie said...

I will definitely be praying for you all. It is great that he got into the program and hopefully it will work well.

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

I am praying for Noah Daily. This is going to be great for him. I love you. Keep rocking the Mom thing. you are awesome at it!