Monday, May 9, 2011

Our Extra Special Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was extra special for us... why? Well we had Collier dedicated at church on Sunday!  My hubby and boys showered me with a Bo-berry biscuit, cards, gifts and lots of love Sunday morning and off to church we went.  We were so happy to have the entire Brink family join us to share in this day!  Noah was dedicated on Mother's Day in 2009 so these two days will always be very memorable for us.  After church, we all enjoyed a delicious lunch at Cypress Lakes Country Club.  Jamie and I loved celebrating Mother's Day with BOTH of our moms all together. 

I am so grateful for my mom!  She has always put her family first and is such a sweet, kind, and giving person.  She's the peacemaker in our family.  She always encouraged me to do my best and to be respectful to others; she was a disciplinarian and always taught us right from wrong.  However, I always knew that I could go to her for advice or simply as someone to talk to and I never once doubted her love for me.  She loves Jamie as though he is her own son and she is the BEST Mimi to her grandboys.  I'm so thankful that I have her to look to as an example of the kind of mom I want to always be to my boys.

As a child, I wanted to be a mommy when I grew up.  In fact, my baby book has in it that one day when I was maybe 2 or 3, I asked my mom how old I had to be to become a mommy.  My mom's answer was "at least 25!" And guess what, I was 25 when I had Noah. :)  I had three "life-like" baby dolls that I carried around with me and I diapered, dressed and fed them.  I am so thankful that God fulfilled my dream of being a mom.  Motherhood isn't always easy and there are some days where I feel like these kids are out to get me but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  The good moments far outweigh the hard moments.  I am so thankful for the priviledge to be the mom to my two precious boys.  God has been so good to us and we are blessed!



These three are all the gifts I need!

Noah's gift to me that he's been working on in Sunday School

Collier's Dedication 5/8/11

What more could I ask for?


Photobucket

No comments: