Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy 7 Months, Sweet Collier!


Sunday, May 22nd marked my little boy's 7 month "birthday!"  And what a memorable day it was because he began crawling!  He's been trying for a few weeks and even crawled forward a few feet last weekend but he waited until yesterday to really begin doing it consistently.  Its so entertaining to watch him spot a toy out of reach and work so diligently to get to it.  I can't believe that I've now got two little boys on the go!  Not only is he crawling, but he's also going from all fours back into a sitting position AND while he's crawling, sometimes he'll straighten his legs so that he's crawling using his hands and feet rather than his knees.  I feel like he's learning something new almost daily!  We lowered his crib this evening because I feel like he'll soon learn to pull up on things so I definitely don't want any accidents. 

I've begun hearing some consonants in his babbling such as "ba" "da" and "ma" but no words yet.  He has started realizing when Mama (or Daddy) leave the room and fusses for us to come back, rather than being so easily distracted as he has been in the past.  He definitely loves attention!  He's been kind of fussy the past couple of days but I'm almost certain that it's because he's teething.  Although, the fussing is pretty minimal, it's more than what's normal for Collier (since he rarely fusses).  Collier has some very grabby little hands and if I'm not moving fast enough, he will grab his baby food container and stick the whole thing to his mouth!  He will also grab the spoon in an attempt to feed himself.  Needless to say, mealtime has become quite messy.  He still LOVES to bounce away in his jumper and he enjoys when I read to him and Noah.  We are now doing baths in the tub without his bath sling, so he is able to sit and splash away, which he loves.  I can't wait to see what he thinks of the pool this summer!

As each month passes and Collier gets a little older, he becomes more and more fun.  Just when I think it can't get any better, amazingly, it does!  He is the light of all of our lives and I look forward to what each and every month holds!  Happy 7 Months to my sweet, smiley, always happy Collie-Bear!

No comments: