For the 4th of July, Jamie spent the morning on the golf course with my dad and Derrick, my mom kept the boys for me and I spent several hours relaxing pool-side at our country club's swimming pool. Ahhh.. it was nice having some time to myself to soak up the sun, catch up on the latest celebrity gossip, and finish up a book I've been reading on my Nook. However, a couple of hours was all I could handle because it was insanely hot and humid! Later that evening we grilled out at Chris and Stacey's house, along with Haley, Wes, Madelyn and a few friends. We enjoyed delicious steaks grilled to perfection by Chef Chris and his Green Egg grill, all the traditional 4th of July foods, such as baked beans and potato salad, and topped it off with yummy red, white and blue cupcakes. We enjoyed letting the kids play until late in the evening because as soon as it got dark enough, Chris pulled out an array of fireworks and put on his own mini-Fourth of July firework celebration. It's safe to say that Noah thoroughly enjoyed the fireworks as he oh'ed, ah'ed and squealed throughout the whole show and clapped his hands after it was over. I was surprised to discover that Collier handled them well, too. I was afraid the noise would scare him however, he never once got upset and watched in awe as the colorful explosion of sparkly lights lit up the sky.
 |  |
 |  |

 |  |

 |  |


No comments:
Post a Comment