Monday, November 21, 2011

We have a walker!

That's right... my little man started walking last week.  He literally went from taking a couple of steps every once in a while to literally walking 10+ steps at one time the first day! I was shocked because I thought it would be a much more gradual process.  I guess I'm used to things progressing slowly because that's how it's been for Noah.  It's so cute and I love watching him toddle around the house.  Although it's a bit bittersweet that he's walking before his big brother, I won't let that take away from the excitement that Collier is now doing it.  It does seem to have encouraged Noah to walk more too, which I had hoped for.  Along with the walking, Collier has developed a bit of an attitude.  He no longer wants to sit still (not that he ever really did) but he gets MAD when I try to change his diaper and his clothes.  And don't you dare try to take a toy or something he's not supposed to have, away from him!  That's just unthinkable.  He throws these little tandrums... arches his back, cries outloud and throws his head back!  Of course, a few minutes later and he's fine.  Although, he's still his happy little smiley self majority of the time. 

He loves talking on his cell phone and will hold it up to his ear, walking around talking.  It literally sounds like he is having a one-sided conversation.  He will be in the middle of talking and giggle outloud, then start talking again.  If only I knew what all he was saying!  He has started trying to say "juice" when I ask him if he wants some juice.  Although it sounds more like "ooice" with a long 'o'.  He now has 3 little teeth: 2 on top and one on bottom with another one that has just popped through on the bottom.  He is 100% on table food and the transition was pretty easy.  He eats much more a variety of foods than Noah did at this age.  I had a hard time getting Noah to eat meats but Collier really enjoys chicken and fish.  I thought he would have a hard time chewing with only his 3 little front teeth, but he has it figured out prety well.

Collier is such a flirt! He will stare people down until he gets their attention, then he will smile really big, and look away as if he's being bashful.  He will do that over and over: look at them, smile really big, then look away really quick.  Its so funny, like he's playing a little game because he definitely isn't a bashful kid!  He loves attention.  The other night, we were at a UNA basketball game and the man sitting next to us wasn't paying any attention to Collier, so Collier was doing everything he could to get the man's attention!  Staring at him, trying to talk to him, trying to get down and walk over to him... finally the guy smiles and says "hi" and Collier was satisfied.  I love his funny, friendly, outgoing, sometimes headstrong, slightly stubborn personality.  He definitely keeps us on our toes and we love him dearly.
Happy 13 months, Collier! 


This video is kind of long, skip through the first 1:30.  I forgot to edit it before I uploaded it.