Every year, we set Noah up to do an intensive Physical Therapy program at Children's Hopsital, called their Spider Suit therapy. It's VERY hard work, 3 hour sessions, 3 times each week for 3 weeks. I mean really, how many of us can say that we could go to the gym and work out for 3 hours solid and do it for 3 days a week?! It's a pretty big wake up call to me that if I'm putting my child through that, then I definitely need to workout regularly too! Noah just completed the program and did such a great job and his therapists were so impressed with his progress! He is now walking more on his own and mastering steps much better, still with some assistance, but he has climbed an entire set of stairs on his own. His walking pace has picked up some and his steps are just more natural and not so deliberate and slow like they were 3 weeks ago. I'm so glad we are able to put him in this program because the benefits were HUGE. It's obvious that his own confidence in his walking abilities has improved and he feels much more capable to try and doing it on his own more now. He's a CHAMP and I couldn't be prouder of him!
I'm not really one to brag on my husband but really, he's been GREAT through all of this. Seriously, I really am lucky to have such a giving, selfless hubby. We are blessed to be in a situation where Jamie works for his family and is able to take off work and do this kind of thing. I'm so grateful that he's so WILLING to take time off from work for Noah because alot of dad's wouldn't. He knew how hard it would be for me to try and drive back and forth with Noah and Collier so he volunteered to take Noah to Birmingham for the entire 3 weeks. He would leave Sunday evening, spend the night with my aunt Sunday and Monday night, take Noah to each session on Monday and Tuesday mornings, then drive home Tuesday, and go into work for a few hours once they got home. Work Wednesday and half of Thursday, take off after lunch and drive back to B'ham, spend Thursday night with my aunt. Take Noah to Friday's session then drive home and go back in to work for a few hours. See what I mean?! He's pretty awesome. However, he was exhausted from it all. I am forever grateful that he would do that for Noah and for me. He's a good daddy... and husband. And now he gets to treat himself with a few trips coming up over the next few weeks... a golf tournament, going to the Masters the first of April and a bachelor party for one of his buddies. He deserves a little time to himself. I'm so thankful we were able to get Noah in the program but I'm glad to have both of my boys home now... Collier and I missed them so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment