Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Collier at 17 months

Oh how this child keeps us on our toes.  He's mischievious to say the least!  Some things he is doing is pointing to and recognizing his hair, eyes, nose, mouth, belly, toes and tongue.  He's a dancing machine and spins 'round and 'round until he collaspes from dizziness.  It's hilarious!  He's been saying "dat-doe" repeatedly for awhile and we had NO CLUE what he was trying to say... I finally figured out he's saying "hotdog, hotdog" as in the hotdog song on Mickey Mouse.  He doesn't say a ton of words but he talks his jabber non-stop and he understands majority of what we say.  He was sitting on the arm of our couch and I told him to get down.  He didn't so I asked if he wanted a spanking and he shook his head no and sat down like I asked.  He follows alot of commands and understands what we are telling/asking him to do. His 'no' used to sound more like "nah" but it has just recently evolved to a firm, "NOOO."  He and my dad were playing peek-a-boo, and dad said, "Pee Pie!" and Collier repeated, "Pee Pee!!!"  He loves hiding, jumping out and yelling when we say, "where's Collier?" He has just started saying "Papa" and has called my mom "Na-na" (even though we've always called her Mimi.)  Collier now RUNS full speed pretty much where ever he goes, climbs on furniture and kitchen chairs (ours are the tall barstool kind!) and mimics anything we do.  One day I was having a sneezing fit and was sneezing into my shirt and next thing I know, Collier is pulling his shirt up to his mouth and fake coughing into it.  He has just started acting somewhat bashful in front of people he doesn't know.  It's so cute to watch him hide behind whatever's around and smile bashfully.  He's really into grouping things and will get several different toys or objects and line them up or put them one by one into a bucket, then empty them all out one by one. 

He had Hand, Foot, Mouth during Noah's Spring Break so we spent ALOT of time indoors and at home.  I had an interesting day last week after Collier had been playing with the phone.  I noticed he had pressed the talk button, so I hung it up, not realizing he had actually dialed a number.  Shortly after, I received a call back from the police department.  Yep, Collier had dialed 911! I assured them everything was fine and we figured out what had happened but it's their standard procedure to send a policman to check things out and make sure all is well. So yes, we had the FPD at the house already and he's not even 2 yet!

And my last funny story... one afternoon, I laid Collier down for his nap in just a diaper.  He slept for awhile then woke and and was playing quietly in his crib.  After awhile, I went in there to get him... he had pulled his "boy parts" OUT of his diaper, peed all in the bed AND had a blow out in his diaper that had gotten everywhere.  After I quit laughing hysterically, I had a big, nasty mess to clean up!  Oh this child....

No comments: