Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Days...

My kids have kicked summer off with a bang and we've kept pretty busy the past few weeks!  First things first, with hot weather it's a must that you get a summer haircut.  So I took both boys to their barber for haircuts.  This was my first time to take both of them without Jamie's help, but I must say, I managed quite alright.  Noah used to be completely traumatized every time we attempted a haircut but he's gotten used to it finally and even sits in the chair by himself... although he still freaks out whenever they pull out the buzzer to trim his side burns and the back of his hairline.  He HATES the way the hair tickles him when it gets all over him so I always have to give him a bath as soon as we get home.  This was also a special day for Collier since at 19 months and 1 day, it was his first 'official' haircut (May 23rd).  I've trimmed his hair a few times, but never done an all over cut.  I didn't necessarily plan on it, but when we got there I asked if she could fit him in so it was sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing.  However, I'm not real sentimental when it comes to hair so it wasn't that big of a deal for me.  He was such a big boy and sat in the chair all by himself enjoying a sucker, while Jewel trimmed him up.  He even scored a First Haircut Certificate to document this momentous occasion.  They both look so cute with their new 'do's!




We spend one evening strolling the streets of downtown Florence perusing through arts and crafts from local vendors at First Fridays.  The boys favorite part was the listening to the band and dancing in the streets! The first week in June was Vacation Bible School at our church.  Collier technically isn't old enough yet, but since I was helping in the 3-4 year old class, he got to participate with our group.  At one point we had 11 kids ranging from 19 months (Collier was the youngest) to 3 1/2 years old.  It was tiring! But both boys had a great time and I enjoyed helping out and having adult time with all the other girls that were also helping. 

On Wednesday night, we had our VBS wrap up where the kids sang all the songs they had learned that week and then we had an ice cream party where they were also able to play on a huge inflatable waterslide.  My boys didn't go down the slide (Collier was too young and me or Jamie would have had to help Noah get up the slide and I didn't want to put on a bathing suit in front our church group!) however, they stood at the bottom of the slide and loved getting splashed as each of the bigger kids would come down!














And what's summer vacation without a few days of lounging around the house enjoying doing absolutely NOTHING?  Thank goodness my boys and I have the same frame of mind when it comes to taking it easy every once in awhile!  We made a big pallet in the den and watched movies until daddy came home from work.

No comments: