Instead of taking a family trip, Jamie and I decided to have a stay-cation this year and just hang out at home. I was kind of disappointed but it's actually been alot of fun! I hate that the boys aren't getting to go to the beach this summer, but then again, it's not like they realize they are missing out on anything. Plus we've made it our mission to make this week a fun one! The first day of our stay-cation, we headed to the Memphis Zoo. We were kind of afraid it might be a disaster because the day before we had decided to take Collier's paci away and he was pretty fussy and irritable. However, the day couldn't have been better and the kids did GREAT. It was really, REALLY hot, but they loved every bit of it and behaved perfectly. Noah was really into the crocodiles and clapped while watching them and Collier had fun feeding the birds. That is, until he swung his food stick and knocked the bird off the tree branch, scaring it to death! The food stick was a long stick with a clothes pin attached holding a cluster of bird feed. Collier confused it with a golf club and kept swinging it like one, sending the cluster of food flying in the air. Although I have to admit, I can see how he could have made that connection as it DID in fact resemble a golf club.
We went at our excursion with a very laid back approach and knew that if the kids got hot/tired/fussy, we might have to leave sooner than planned, however they hung in there like champs and we were able to see the entire zoo. Towards the end, they were both pretty exhausted and crashed as soon as we got to the car. Our day at the zoo made for a very fun adventure and kicked off our stay-cation with a bang!
{feeding a parakeet}
{Collier's golf club}
{very hot and very tired}
{Noah had a lot of fun!}
1 comment:
Hey Whitney! I left you an award on my blog! :)
Post a Comment