We had his birthday party on Saturday, 5/2 for our family at our house. Thankfully, we'd planned on it being small and indoors because it rained all day long. My mom and I decided to make Noah's cake this year, a Monkey on top of a sheet cake (which it will probably be the only time we do it). I got up at 6 and we began the cake shortly after that and didn't finish it until 2pm. It took A LONG TIME to decorate because the icing kept softening and we would have to refridgerate it to harden it back up. But it turned out really cute and it was delicious! For some reason when Noah woke up from his nap, at 4:45 (everyone got there at 5) he was kind of fussy, but to his credit, he is on an antibiotic for yucky congestion. When he got up, he had some crazy bedhead and my mom and I laughed, well, it apparently hurt his feelings because he started crying! He was so sensitive after that and anytime anyone would talk to him, he would pucker up. My dad (Noah's Poppa and his favorite person!) pretty much held him the whole time to keep him happy. He settled down soon after everyone arrived but was kind of bashful. He's not really big on large crowds of people. We had BBQ sandwishes and cake and then Noah opened presents. We had a good time celebrating and it was nice getting our families together.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Birthday Boy
Noah's 2nd birthday was this past Thursday. Noah and I slept in late (9ish) and had pancakes for breakfast. Jamie took the afternoon off so we all went to the park. This little girl (probably around 4 years old) kept coming up to Noah and trying to touch him. I crawled up in the gymset with Noah and kept taking him down the slide. While we were in the top of the thing, the girl came up there and started touching him again, she then proceeds to hug him.. okay no big deal, I can handle a hug. Then, next thing I know, the girl has planted a kiss right on my child's mouth! I yelled, "no no no don't kiss him!" and Jamie says, "okay, I think it's time for us to go somewhere else!" I mean, hello ... swine flu! I know this kind of thing can happen at wee care or in the nursery at church and I would never know... but it still freaked me out that this possibly germy little girl just kissed my child. After the park, we went to my parent's house because mom cooked dinner and had bought Noah a cake. It was a good day, all day, different family members would call and sing happy birthday to Noah over the phone and he would just smile the biggest smile!
We had his birthday party on Saturday, 5/2 for our family at our house. Thankfully, we'd planned on it being small and indoors because it rained all day long. My mom and I decided to make Noah's cake this year, a Monkey on top of a sheet cake (which it will probably be the only time we do it). I got up at 6 and we began the cake shortly after that and didn't finish it until 2pm. It took A LONG TIME to decorate because the icing kept softening and we would have to refridgerate it to harden it back up. But it turned out really cute and it was delicious! For some reason when Noah woke up from his nap, at 4:45 (everyone got there at 5) he was kind of fussy, but to his credit, he is on an antibiotic for yucky congestion. When he got up, he had some crazy bedhead and my mom and I laughed, well, it apparently hurt his feelings because he started crying! He was so sensitive after that and anytime anyone would talk to him, he would pucker up. My dad (Noah's Poppa and his favorite person!) pretty much held him the whole time to keep him happy. He settled down soon after everyone arrived but was kind of bashful. He's not really big on large crowds of people. We had BBQ sandwishes and cake and then Noah opened presents. We had a good time celebrating and it was nice getting our families together.



We had his birthday party on Saturday, 5/2 for our family at our house. Thankfully, we'd planned on it being small and indoors because it rained all day long. My mom and I decided to make Noah's cake this year, a Monkey on top of a sheet cake (which it will probably be the only time we do it). I got up at 6 and we began the cake shortly after that and didn't finish it until 2pm. It took A LONG TIME to decorate because the icing kept softening and we would have to refridgerate it to harden it back up. But it turned out really cute and it was delicious! For some reason when Noah woke up from his nap, at 4:45 (everyone got there at 5) he was kind of fussy, but to his credit, he is on an antibiotic for yucky congestion. When he got up, he had some crazy bedhead and my mom and I laughed, well, it apparently hurt his feelings because he started crying! He was so sensitive after that and anytime anyone would talk to him, he would pucker up. My dad (Noah's Poppa and his favorite person!) pretty much held him the whole time to keep him happy. He settled down soon after everyone arrived but was kind of bashful. He's not really big on large crowds of people. We had BBQ sandwishes and cake and then Noah opened presents. We had a good time celebrating and it was nice getting our families together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Noah!
Hey Whitney! It's Laurie! I have been trying to keep up with your blog, but I just read this post and my heart is melted! I know you are so proud of Noah and all that he has accomplished! I am so proud of YOU b/c you have found the strength within and that is awesome! It makes me proud to be your friend and there are so many parents out there who just would not put the commitment into this! We will continue to pray for your family and a full recovery for Noah! Call me when you are in Huntsville and we can get lunch!
Post a Comment