Also, here's an "update" on the cod liver oil... believe it or not, I've seen a HUGE improvement in Noah! He's soooo much more verbal and jibber jabbers constantly. He did say 'ball' last week in the nursery at church (which is a first) and I'm hearing more consonants. He has lots more energy and has some days where he only takes 1 nap. I've been mixing it into his oatmeal with applesauce, which has worked well. So I plan to continue giving it and definitely recommend it to all parents!
Lastly, Noah's muscle biopsy is scheduled in a week, on June 4. Obviously, this is much more minor than the surgery Noah had at 5 months old but it takes Jamie and I back to that and just how scared we were. I have always hoped and prayed that Noah would never have to have another surgery and here we are ... one week from one. The anesthiology dept. called me this morning to discuss the details of the surgery and the sequence of events that day (which are same as before). Once they are ready to begin the surgery, Jamie and I are able to walk Noah back to the hallway outside the operating room but we have to hand him over right before they take him into the OR. Last time, he was so young, that he was oblivious as to who had him or that we were leaving him... but I know this time will be so much harder, and I know that Noah will cry for us when we hand him over to the nurse. I'm dreading that moment so much. It's hard to leave your baby with a nurse, knowing that he's about to be put to sleep and cut open. Please pray for Noah's procedure to go well without any complications, for his doctor performing it (Dr. Muenstere), and for NORMAL RESULTS! I'm just so ready to have this behind us.
5 comments:
He definitely looks cute in the braces! :) Our prayers are with y'all.
He makes me think of cheering in high school with those "socks" ;) He looks adorable! I've done the cod liver oil with L., too, but for poop. He liked it okay, but if it's good for other things we might give it a go again! Glad things are looking up! Praying for y'all! BTW, when are y'all doing reunion? (We're July 25th)
I think he looks cute in his braces- it makes his legs look long. I'll be praying that everything goes well for Noah's biopsy.
My brother Cory had braces when he was 2 because he was bow-legged, so Noah is not alone! I think he looks cute! I was glad to see you and your mom at the mall, and I'll definitely put Noah in my prayers for his upcoming biopsy!
Laura
Praying for Noah today!
He looks adorable in those braces!
I had to wear braces when I was little too...
Post a Comment