Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

Thank goodness today's surgery is now behind us and Noah did GREAT! We had to be at Children's at 7am and they immediately took us back to a room to begin the pre-op stuff. They told us they thought the procedure would begin around 9:30... ummm not quite. We waited and waited... it was slightly frustrating b/c Noah hadn't not eaten since the night before and he could have juice only until 6am so he was going with basically nothing in his belly... poor guy. But he was in really good spirits and didn't fuss at all. Finally at around 10:45 they brought him a liquid sedative and took him back at 11am to get the anesthesia going. I had been so worried about him crying when we gave him to the nurse but he was so woozy that he didn't even look back at us as the nurse took off with him! Kind of hurt my feelings... :) not really, I'm glad he was out of it b/c it made it much easier than if he would have been crying! Anyways, the surgery took around 30 min. and they were finished at noon. He stayed in recovery for an hour, then they brought him back to us. He was really groggy but they wanted him to take some pedialyte to make sure he could stomach it without any problems, plus they wanted to keep a watch on his vitals. He did fine so they left us leave around 2pm. They gave him a shot that numbed his leg and said it would wear off after 5 hours so I've been giving Tylenol since this afternoon. He hasn't fussed or cried a bit today... and his leg doesn't really seem to be bothering him, despite the fact that they told us it would be really sore for a week. He's tough... I guess once you've had your head cut open, you can handle a little incision in your leg! :) Anyways, we made it home and since he wouldn't eat, I bought him a vanilla milkshake and he gobbled that right up. Hopefully, the incision won't bother him too bad and he'll recover quickly! I do want to thank you all so much for your prayers, texts, and phone calls. We sure have felt loved and supported. Now, we just have to wait out the next month for the results of the test. Luckily, we're going to the beach in 2 weeks so that will get our minds off things! Here's a few pics from the day.



Waiting for them to come get him for surgery



After surgery



He would not put that pedialyte down!

2 comments:

The 6 W's said...

Yeah! I'm so glad the operation went well! Noah sounds like such a strong little man!

The Penter Family said...

He is such a trooper! I am glad it was so easy for him.