Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Tricks

Noah has learned a few new things... we've been working on them for awhile (months and months actually) so I'm SO excited that he's finally strong enough and figured it out! Noah now knows how to go from lying down into a sitting position! Oh my gosh, I can't even begin to remember HOW long I've been working with him on this... our hard work and persistance paid off! The other day I layed him down for a nap and he was crying... then it got quiet so I peek in on him and low-and-behold, he's sitting up! He's done it several times since them so I think he's getting the hang of it. Also, he is now trying to pull up on everything, he still needs some assistance getting completely on his feet but the big thing is that he WANTS to be standing up. The other morning, I was getting ready and he was sitting on the floor playing and I glanced over and he had grabbed on to the door frame and had pulled himself into a tall kneel. YAY NOAH!!! He is also cruising with assistance (only a tiny bit of assistance, though). He's constantly reaching for things that he can grab onto and pull up on. He wants to be walking and moving and standing... which we are SO SO SO thrilled about! And he's SO close to crawling... these new milestones are beyond HUGE for Noah!

We had another appointment at Children's Hospital on Tuesday, with Dr. Davis, Noah's Orthopedic Rehabilitation Doctor and their Physical Therapist. A little over a year ago, we discussed me and Noah living in Bham for awhile and letting him get intense physical therapy for about 3 months, 3 days a week but at that time, they were concerned that Noah wasn't able to tolerate that much therapy. We all revisited the issue again at this appointment and they now believe Noah can handle it. So Dr. Davis and Andrea (the PT) are going to get Noah in for an evaluation at Children's Ped. Therapy clinic and looks like Noah and I may be in B'ham for awhile. They call it a "burst" of therapy b/c it's really intense, 2 - 3 hours a day/ 3 days a week for a period of time (a month to 3 months). I'm so excited to be able to do this for Noah and feel like the benefits he will reap will be HUGE! Children's has all of the latest in physical therapy techniques so I'm really eager for Noah to experience it. Plus, like I told them, I don't work so that we can provide Noah with whatever he needs and if that means us living in Bham for awhile, so be it. The good thing is my aunt (my mom's twin sister) lives in Vestavia and has 2 spare bedrooms, so we would just stay with her. So please pray that they can get us in for the eval fairly quickly (it can take months to get in with them!) and that we can roll forward with this new plan of action!

Noah after he pulled himself into a tall kneeling position (how do you like my PT terms? :)

5 comments:

The Penter Family said...

That is GREAT news. It seems like he has made a ton of progress in such a short time... getting into a sitting position, pulling up, trying to cruise! He will be crawling around in no time. That is how Colton started out. Get ready to baby proof your house! I'm so excited for you! Give me a call when you are down in Birmingham. We can get together for lunch or something fun...

Katy said...

This post made me very happy! I'm so glad that you got to see that all of that hard work is paying off. What an accomplishment!

Your family has been on my heart lately and I just wanted to let you know that I pray for you often.

The Montgomery Family said...

How exciting Whit!

The 6 W's said...

Yeah! Congratulations Noah!

sonyagraykey said...

How wonderful!!