Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Fall Makeover
With the changing of seasons, I thought I should update my blog as well... so here's my new fall look! I LOVE this time of year, Alabama football, my birthday (Sept. 10), cooler weather (which equals fall clothes), and all the fun holidays that will be here before we know it! (Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc) One thing I also used to love about this time of year is that it marked the beginning of a new school year and it meant a new beginning to me... it was always so exciting to enter a new grade in school, to have new teachers and classes, make new friends, and to wonder what that upcoming school year had in store for you. I'm no longer in school, obviously, but I still get that sense of nostalgia around this time of year. My 28th birthday was this past Thursday, and I'll be honest, I'm like a kid when it comes to birthdays. For some reason, I get so excited about my birthday... I kind of think it's because I've always been younger than everyone (started kindergarten at 4, graduated high school at 17, graduated college at 21, married at 21, had a baby at 25) and all my friends are older than me, so I like getting older because I don't feel like the baby anymore. I know, I know, goofy because they're getting older at the same rate I am, but at any rate, I like "sounding" one year older. However, I'm sure I'll change my mind about that once I turn 30 or even worse, 40! (no offense to any of you 40 year olds!) One thing I've realized, birthdays aren't as fun once you get older... its not like the world stops to allow you to celebrate. Noah had not one, but TWO appointments on my birthday, pre-op for his surgery at the hospital that morning, then almost immediately after that, he had an appointment at Children's Rehab Services, where we waited for 3 1/2 hours!!! Talk about a crappy way to spend your birthday. Jamie made it up to me by taking me to Dale's on Wednesday night while mom & dad kept Noah. Then Thursday night, we ate at Olive Garden with my whole family (mom, dad, Lindsay, Derrick, me, Jamie, and Noah) and came back to our house for cake from Victorian Tea Room and presents. So overall, I had a good time with my family and I can now say I'm 28 rather than 27... see, doesn't that sound so much older?! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Victorian Tea Room cake!!! I am soo jealous. I've already decided I think i'm going to get the girls 1st b'day cake from there. Happy Late Birthday!
Now i am the baby:( you always hang in there with me.. but come september you leave again.
Post a Comment