Monday, February 22, 2010

A Bit Unconventional...

Today, I took Noah to an Accupuncturist / Chinese Medicine Doctor, Dr. Ly. I came to this decision under the influence of my dad... my dad has issues with foot pain (I think it's called torsel tunnel?) and he's been getting cortizone shots in his ANKLES (yes, he's says it's horribly painful) for several months and still has really bad pain. So someone told him about Dr. Ly and how he had alleviated their back pain completely. Dad went to see him and he's hooked. His feet feel so much better, plus Dr. Ly told him he could treat him in 5 visits and dad wouldn't have any more pain. My dad is so funny... he gets sold on something and he's the greatest advertisment for that product/person. For example, his Tempur-Pedic mattress/box springs that he bought YEARS ago, before they became as popular as they are now(he recommended the brand to so many people that ended up purchasing a mattress, that Tempur-Pedic gave my dad 5 free pillows). He'll tell EVERYONE about how much Dr. Ly has helped him. So back to the story... anyways, he tells Dr. Ly about Noah and his delays and Dr. Ly wanted us to bring him in. His office manager knows my parents so mom called her and she told her that he has worked wonders for tons of children.

So we went this morning, and I'll admit, I was VERY skeptical. First of all, the waiting room is packed with majority older people (which shocked me for some reason.) We get Noah in the room and I give him the medical history. He asks me, right now, what's more important, for you to have him walking or talking? They're both pretty high up on the list, however, I tell him "walking." He begins spouting out my instructions... I'm to do some massaging techniques on Noah's back 30 times twice a day. He then tapes these tiny little beads on to 4 pressure points on the back of Noah's legs. I'm to press them each 30 times twice a day. My last instruction was to load Noah up with Vitamin B complex, 3 x a day, before each meal. He told me he really wants to help Noah and that all of these things will strengthen his muscles and that he wants to see Noah weekly. He told us because my dad is such a good dad / grandfather, that he wants to do this for Noah at no charge and that all he cares about is helping get Noah to walk. WOW.

Since my dad started going to him, I've heard wonderful things about him and all the different ways he has healed and helped others. It's pretty amazing. After seeing all the doctor's we've seen, subjected our son to as many tests as we have, to try to find a diagnosis, after all the therapy, I'm willing to try any- and everything that will help him... even if it is a bit unconventional! :)

4 comments:

The Montgomery Family said...

This sounds awesome Whit!! Keep me updated on his progress!!! Love you guys!

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

What an amazing Dr. That is so sweet that he wants to help Noah that much. I have heard WONDERFUL things about acupuncture! This sounds like a great experience.. Can't wait to hear details.

Anonymous said...

I went too when I was trying to get pregnant with Parker. It is a bit different, but it works for lots of people.

The 6 W's said...

I received acupuncture when I was pregnant in Germany for a bunch of different things and it ALL worked!! I was so skeptical too but definitely a believer now!! : )