On another hand, when Noah got sick last week, he had a high fever and was very weak... like could barely stand up he was so shaky. Well I noticed that his left eye began wandering a little worse than normal. We've been seeing a Opthamologist about this and he released us for 2 years because Noah's eye had improved. Well, since Noah had the Croup, he was put on a steriod medicine and I wondered if that, combined with the sickness, made his eye weaker. He's finished the med's and no longer running a fever, but I've still noticed his eye wandering more than normal so I called his Opthalmologist, Dr. Hein, to see what they thought. They agreed that being sick and having a high fever can make the eye muscles weak, just like it makes the rest of body's muscles weak, however, it should have improved since he's over the croup/fever. So they would like to see him next month. In the meantime, I've decided to patch the strong eye (like we did in the past) so that he has to use the weaker eye, which will in turn help in strenghtening it. Since this is what the doctor had us to do last year, I felt like it would be okay for me to do so again. Needless to say, Noah is NOT A FAN! I'm doing my best to keep the patch on him for at least 30 minutes, 2 x day.
Also, Noah's STILL SICK!!! AHHH... I think I might lose my mind! Okay, not really, but he's been pretty fussy during the day... praise the Lord, that he's sleeping just fine at night. We went back today for a yucky running nose, bad cough, and I've noticed him pulling at his ears. And yep, he's got an ear infection... which is only his second ear infection in his almost 3 years. He's been a very healthy kid but these last 2 weeks have hit him hard. Hopefully this antibiotic will get rid of these nasty germs so he can begin feeling better!
1 comment:
Poor little guy. Hope he starts feeling better very soon!
Post a Comment