Tuesday, March 9, 2010

He liked it and he put a ring on it!

Sorry for channeling Beyonce with my post title, but I couldn't resist! :) Last night, my sister got engaged! She and Derrick met last May and began dating very shortly after. Funny story how they met... my dad and Derrick played golf together in a tournament and later that day, dad was going on and on about what a great guy Derrick was. Lindsay and I were at the house and I starting nudging Lindsay, like, "there you go Lindsay, Dad's found you a man!" Well, the very next day at church (Easter Sunday) low and behold if Derrick isn't sitting directly in front of us with one of my best friends, Melissa Clark and her husband Stuart. I whispered to Linz, "you know this is fate!" completely joking around with her... well, sort of joking around. Secretly I was thinking about HOW ironic it was and that I would love to somehow set them up! After church, I just oh so casually mentioned to Stuart that Lindsay was single... of course, we were all laughing and cutting up, giving Lindsay a hard time. A few weeks later, Melissa calls me and said that Derrick was interested in meeting Lindsay and she wanted to know how we could go about setting them up. I told her just to give him her cell number. A couple of weeks go by and Lindsay and Derrick meet up and pretty much hit it off from the very beginning.

Derrick is a GREAT guy and he and Lindsay compliment each other perfectly! He fits in so well with our family and he, Dad, and Jamie have all three become big buddies and get along so well. In fact, he and Jamie eat lunch together all the time, so much that Lindsay and I joke around with them regarding their "man dates". I'm so happy for Lindsay and Derrick and their future together! They don't want a long engagement so looks like we'll be having a wedding this summer! Exciting!!

{the little lovebirds}


Photobucket

1 comment:

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

yay!!!! great story of how they met. I didnt know that! Great times for the Powell and Brink family!!!