Monday, April 26, 2010

Noah's 3rd Birthday Party

On Saturday, we had Noah's 3rd Birthday Party at Forest Jumps. Unfortunately, we were predicted to have HORRIBLE weather... tornado watches, thunderstorms, hail, etc. However, since we had rented the place out, we didn't think we would be allowed to reschedule, so we went ahead with the party. Luckily, the bad weather held off for our area and only rained heavily on and off, however several of Noah's friends and cousins that were traveling from about an hour away weren't able to make it because of the weather.

Regardless, Noah still had a GREAT TIME! I'm not sure I've ever seen him so happy and having such a blast. Forest Jumps is a place that has all different kinds of inflatables... slides, obstacle courses, etc. As much as we missed our friends that couldn't attend, it turned out to work in Noah's favor (and the other kids that were there) because they had FREE reign of the place... they were able to slide and play as much as they wanted instead of having to wait their turn.

I'll be honest, it was probably one of the happiest days I've had in a loooong time. One of the little boys that is in Noah's Sunday School class, Jackson (whose mom is one of my best friends) was so sweet to Noah. As soon as Jackson got there he yelled "Happy Birthday Noah!" and the whole time he wanted Noah to play with him on the inflatables. Now keep in mind, Noah doesn't walk or talk so it meant so much to me that Jackson wanted to play with him! I know that 3 year olds could care less about each other's differances, disabilities, etc. and it wasn't like Jackson consciously included Noah to spare his feelings or anything. But it made a huge impression on me. For the first time I really felt like Noah didn't stand out as being different and that he fit in with the other kids. This coupled with my pregnancy hormones made for one ball of emotions on Saturday night. I was praying and just thanking God for such a great day and reflecting on everything and LOST it... but in a good, happy way! :) I'm just so grateful to God for surrounding us with such amazing family and friends...and for surrounding Noah with a group of kids that are so sweet to him regardless of what he can or can't do.
























Photobucket

3 comments:

Nina Long said...

Looks like he had a BLAST!!! He is so cute. You are such a strong, wonderful mommy!! ;)

The Montgomery Family said...

Happy Birthday Noah! Glad you guys had such a great time at the party!! This post makes me so happy!! Love and miss you guys!

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

it was a fun time had by all! I thought i was going to have to pull David off the slide at one point. Children were wanting to slide. ;)