So last night, I purchased a potty that plays music when he pee pees. This morning, he woke up with a dry diaper so I stripped him down and put him on the potty... and he went! I got him dressed, cleaned his potty and brought him into the den for breakfast and felt warmth... apparently he didn't empty his bladder, because he pee peed in his diaper less than 5 minutes after sitting on that toilet. Cracked me up...that stinker! I'm just going to try to create a routine of putting him on the potty when he wakes up, after he drinks/eats, before bathtime, before bed, etc. and maybe he'll catch on. Since he doesn't really communicate I know this will definitely be a slow process but I just want to get him accustom to going in the potty and then hopefully he'll get to where he does not like the feeling of a wet diaper. I talked with a friend who mentioned pull-ups that get cold when they are wet so I think I'll purchase some of those. So wish me luck! Also, send your potty-training tips my way! :)
4 comments:
This should be interesting... Definitley keep posting tips as you figure them out. I'm going to attempt potty training in about 6 months so I will be checking your blog for help!
Jake was not trained till he was almost 4. I did not make a big deal out of it and took him outside a lot to do it and he liked that. He hated the potty and screamed everytime I put him on there but I just stopped putting diapers on him (except at night) and in about 2 days he didn't like having wet clothes so he started going on his own. Oh I did a dance everytime he would go and he said mommy do the potty dance cause Im about to go!! hehe!! So we would run to the potty and he would go just to watch me dance. You might try something silly like that!! : ) Good Luck!!
I would recommend Peter Potty training pants. We used the Patty Potty ones for girls and they are great! They feel more wet in these than Pull-ups. Good luck!
Yay! Potty Time! It will be fun to watch Noah get the hang of it. I am sure he will soon! Keep that patience! Let me know how it goes so... ONE DAY, when i have children you can teach me! :)
Post a Comment