Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Second Attempt...

A little over a year ago, when we moved into the new house, we converted Noah's crib to a full bed. It lasted for a couple of months, but then he started crawling and didn't know how to get off the bed (other than crawling off of it and hurting himself) so we left the bed up, but also put the crib back together in his room. He now knows how to get off the couch with ease and I've seen him get off the bed by himself so I know he knows how to do it. Plus we could use the extra space in his room to put some of his toys, rather than taking them all downstairs into the "new" playroom, so we broke the crib down again and are trying to get him used to sleeping in the big boy bed once more. My only concern is that he leans over the toddler rails and I'm afraid he'll fall over them onto the floor.

Last night went fine, he went to sleep fairly easily and slept his usual 12 hours. I checked on him before I went to bed and again in the middle of the night and both times he was asleep but with his head facing the end of his bed so each time I moved him back up to his pillow. When he woke up this morning, he cried out and waited on me to come get him. Nap time today didn't go as easily.... he fussed some but finally fell asleep, however, only for close to an hour, then was back up. I laid him back down but a few minutes later heard a loud thump and crying... he had leaned over the bed rails and fallen off the bed... exactly what I was afraid was going to happen! I picked him up and laid down with him, however that only lasted 30 minutes and he was ready for nap time to be over. He normally takes one 2 - 3 hour nap so naptime today gets a C-. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll get used to being in the bed and nap time won't be such a big deal. I'm also hoping that he quickly gets used to getting off the bed the correct way rather than leaning over the rails and flipping over them... hopefully he learns his lesson quickly!

Noah was overseeing the project








Lots of extra space now that there's only one bed in his room!


All tucked in and ready for bed


And he's out like a light!

Photobucket

No comments: