Monday, July 12, 2010

Baby Updates

To be honest, there's not a whole lot of update about, however, I want to have a record to refer back to of how this pregnancy is treating me so here goes! I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty good! My back began hurting a while back (which was WAAAY earlier than during my pregnancy with Noah) however, after a few weeks, it quit so I'm not complaining there! Every once in a while, if I've been on my feet or carried Noah quite a bit, then it'll bother me, but for the most part it's fine. I have scoliosis and wore a back brace for 2 years during my middle school years so I've always had a lot of back trouble. When I was pregnant with Noah, I began having some major back pain around 6 months that resulted in my doctor reducing my work hours from 50 to 30 hrs. per week. So I'm expecting it to begin bothering me the further along I get (especially since this time around, I'm caring for another little person too).

I'm still sleeping just fine, other than getting up to use the bathroom every once in a while. Around 20 weeks, it got uncomfortable sleeping on my belly and on my back, so I tried side sleeping... which I'm really not a fan of. I don't know what happened, maybe I just got used to my belly or something, but I'm no longer uncomfortable sleeping on my back, so that's how I've continued to sleep. One thing that's been different, is I have been majorly congested since I was 9 weeks pregnant! I have always had bad sinus and allergy problems. The ONLY way I can breathe and sleep at all is with nose spray. Thankfully, Dr. Keith ok'ed the nose spray and assured me it wouldn't harm the baby. So I have to keep a bottle on me at all times!

We've begun cleaning out the baby's room but that's about it as far as getting the room ready. I'm really ready to get started however, Jamie's been SUPER busy at work lately and completely exhausted when he gets home so I haven't pushed it. Plus he assures me that it will only take a couple of days to get the painters in here to paint the room. His dad is a builder so we're just going to have his painting crew come in and do the painting for us (thank goodness!) The furniture should be in any day now so I imagine we'll get started with the painting after my sister's wedding in Savannah, GA, which is the first week of August.

I'll be honest, I've been kind of lazy and haven't felt like cleaning the house, I keep it straightened, but not regularly mopped, vacuumed, etc. Well the cleaning bug finally hit me and I've tackled most of the house last night and today. I guess I got carried away and decided I wanted to try to rearrange some furniture, and moved our VERY heavy and very big armoire in the bedroom... MISTAKE. I'm hurting and I think I've pulled a muscle in my inner thigh. UGH. Guess I learned my lesson, huh?

I feel Collier move ALL the time! The weekly pregnancy updates say that he's supposed to be sleeping 18 hours a day... but I don't see HOW because he moves constantly! I've been able to feel him from outside my belly since 21 weeks and Jamie felt him for the first time at the first of July (at 22 weeks). I had an appointment with Dr. Keith last week and told him I was a bit nervous about choosing my C-section date, simply because Noah had immature lungs when he was born at 38 weeks. Being the planner that I am, I've already been thinking alot about what date to schedule my C-section. His "rule" is to wait until 39 weeks however, my concern is what if my due date is off by a few days and we THINK we're at 39 weeks, but really still in my 38th week? I just don't want Collier to go through what Noah did and I definitely don't want my baby being sent to Huntsville NICU again. He told me we didn't have to choose the date to be exactly 39 weeks to the day, that we could wait until the last part of my 39th week or even wait until my due date (or even go past my due date by a few days, if I wanted). That made me feel alot better. I'm kind of hoping to just go into labor and let it be God's timing, however, I really really want Dr. Keith to be the one who does my surgery, especially since my C-section went so badly last time. I'm just trusting God that Dr. Keith (along with me and Jamie) will make the best decision for Collier!

I'm not big on posting belly pics, but I guess I'll put a couple on here that I took on July 1, at 22 weeks.




Photobucket

No comments: