On Sunday, Jamie's parents had invited all of us (all three boys, their wives and the kids) to their neighborhood pool. The pool was scheduled to open to its members at 1:00 for their annual Fourth of July party, however, Jamie's mom had arranged for us to have a "private" pool party from 11 - 1 so we played hookie from church and spent time with his family. Noah had so much fun playing in the water with his daddy and uncles. Since the neighborhood pool backs up to Jamie's parent's house and is practically in their back yard, Jamie spent ALOT of time at that pool when he was a kid. He learned how to do a lot 'tricks' off the diving board. He thought it would be funny to see if he could still do all of those things he once could do. He was flipping off the board and doing all kinds of stuff and Noah thought was HILARIOUS. Around 2, Jamie and Noah went home for a nap however, I stayed up there so I could lay out and enjoy the day. Well.... I did alright! I didn't go home until 5:30... yes, 6 hours solid in the sun! But it was nice relaxing and chatting with my mother-in-law and one of her friends. Plus, I was able to lay out on my belly (thanks to their comfy lounge chairs) which is something I haven't gotten to do much of thanks to my growing belly. However, after a couple of hours, I realized the backs of my legs and my back were getting a little pink. Other than that, I was okay, no burns just tan... so I thought! Later that evening I realized that I had burned my scalp where I part my hair... OUCH!
That evening, we went up to an area overlooking the Tennesee River to watch the city's annual fireworks show. I was curious what Noah would think, since he's never seen fireworks before. I was a little afraid that the sound would scare him but he loved it! We were far enough from McFarland Park so that the sound wasn't too loud so he did just fine. He kept saying, "Ooo..." and squealing with excitement. It was obvious that he was having a great time, despite the fact it was 2 hours past his bedtime!

No comments:
Post a Comment