I had my 34 week appointment on Wednesday and we are getting closer and closer to the end. I haven't begun dilating yet, which I consider a good thing since I'm only 34 weeks! The ultrasound showed that Collier is positioned head down and weighs around 5lbs 6oz already so he might just be a big baby! Noah was 7lbs 4oz. and 21 1/2" long (at 38.1 weeks) so I'm guessing Collier will be a little bigger... maybe around 8lbs. Dr. Keith also scheduled my C-section during the appointment. At first he had it scheduled for October 25, which would put me at 38.6 weeks, however after leaving his office, I had a VERY uneasy feeling the rest of the day over it being scheduled before I was in my 39th week... even if it was by just 1 day. Having had to go through what we did with Noah's lungs being immature, I just didn't feel comfortable with choosing to have Collier arrive prior to 39 weeks. So I ended up calling his office and asking for a date later in that week so it's been changed to October 28th, which is 5 days prior to my due date and right before the weekend. I was afraid to schedule ON my due date with the chance of going into labor during the weekend, and running the risk that Dr. Keith may not be on call... something I don't want to chance since I'll have to have surgery. If it was a normal delivery, I wouldn't mind it, but surgery is a different story. So we've got an end in sight!
I'm SO SO eager to meet Collier and I've felt like this past week has dragged (or is it drug?) by. The entire pregnancy has flown by so quickly but time seems to have slowed down this week and I'm afraid that's how the remainder of this pregnancy will seem. However, I realized this morning, that I should use the last 5 weeks to enjoy my time with Noah, Jamie and the time that I get to myself! As excited as I am to get Collier here, along with that comes no sleep and not leaving the house very often, and being a food source for a baby that eats every few hours! I need to enjoy getting to sleep through the night (well, with the exception of getting up to use the restroom every few hours) and the ease of having a 3 year old who's already in a schedule and fairly easy to take care of. Plus I need to just use this time to spend as much quality time with Noah and Jamie as possible. So that's my plan for the remaining 4 weeks and 6 days... enjoy my time as a family of 3! On another note, the girls from mine and Jamie's couples' Sunday School class are having a shower for me on Sunday after church. I'm so excited and completely overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness! I didn't expect to get a shower (since this is the 2nd baby and another boy) however, it is completely appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment