Last week's weather felt GREAT and I actually was able to wear jeans and not sweat my tail off... it was definitely the beginnings of fall! It was the first time since June that I've felt comfortable outside(temp-wise). Wednesday was my 32 week check up with Dr. Keith and everything's going along just fine. I'm now to the point where I'll see him every 2 weeks so he informed me that at the next appointment he'll do an ultrasound and check to see if I've begun dialating yet! WOW... wasn't expecting that so I'm glad he "warned" me. I'm extremely excited and ready for Collier's arrival. I've reached to point in this pregnancy where I'm uncomfortable and not sleeping great so I'm glad to see the end is in sight!
Another reason I LOVE September is because it's my birthday month! Friday, Sept. 10 was my 29th birthday and I really had a great day, however the celebrating has lasted several days and I've done the only thing a pregnant girl can do to celebrate something big, and that is EAT. :) I woke up on the day of my birthday to my favorite fast food breakfast item, Chick-fil-a Chicken Mini's waiting on me in the kitchen (and Jamie had stuck a birthday candle in the box!), as well as perfume (Dolce & Gabbana #3, which I had just run out of) and a gift certificate to the Marriott Spa for a massage and pedicure. Also, Jamie had arranged to have the house cleaned that morning, which is seriously, the BEST gift ever. Since Noah had therapy that morning, we didn't make lunch plans so Jamie brought home lunch from Dish. Once my mom got off of work, she stopped by with a cake from Sugarbaker's and we all had a slice. She took Noah home with her since he was spending the night with them that night, so that Jamie and I could go to the Melthing Pot in Huntsville for dinner. Lindsay and Derrick were supposed to join us, but she got sick, so they didn't get to come. Brett and Chenequa met us there and we all dined on a wonderful and very filling dinner of cheese fondue, an array of meats, and chocolate fondue. The Melting Pot is always such a fun experience but I've come to the conclusion that the cheese is my favorite part.
Saturday morning, I cashed in my gift certificate and had a massage and a much-needed pedicure and spent the rest of the afternoon shopping with my mom to get some things for Collier and to get maternity/hospital pajamas for me. We found an outfit for Collier to wear home from the hospital, as well as a couple of outfits he can wear to church. That evening, we celebrated my birthday, again, at my parent's house with my parents, Lindsay, and Derrick. Mom and Dad cooked a meal of my choice, Eggplant Parmesan and fettucini alfredo with salad, bread, etc, and we watched the Bama game with them. The eggplant was DELICIOUS... better than Ricatoni's or Olive Garden.
Monday evening, I went to dinner with my girlfriends, Chenequa, Amanda, Melissa, and Kellie, for another birthday celebration. I had originally chosen Sweet Magnolia, but they were closed on Monday, so we went to Red Lobster instead. I had a great time chatting with the girls and enjoying their company. We were definitely the loudest table in the restaurant and one of the very last to leave. Ooops!
The final celebration will take place Thursday night with Jamie's family, as we celebrate mine, Chris, and Wes' birthdays. The boys birthday's are on Sept. 6 so we always do a joint celebration!
All in all, I've had a GREAT 29th birthday with lots of great food and sweet family and friends to celebrate it with. I look forward to ALL that my 29th year has in store for me, and to be honest, it doesn't bother me a bit that this is my last year in my 20's. I'm just enjoying this time and where I am in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment