Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goodbye, 2010....Welcome, 2011

It's hard for me to believe 2010 has come and gone. We had such a busy year that I feel like it literally flew by in an instant. I'm always a tad bit sad at the conclusion of each year, as I can't believe it's already over. Overall, 2010 was great to us and brought about several changes for my family. The events that stand out the most to me as I reflect on 2010 were the addition of our precious baby and Lindsay and Derrick's marriage... I gained another son and a brother-in-law. It honestly seems like just the other day that on February 23, I saw the word 'pregnant' pop up on that pregnancy test. And now, as I sit here, I'm watching my little baby napping (although, knowing Collier, it'll be a brief nap!) in his swing. Time really does fly... Of course, I already know that because my other little boy will be turning FOUR in a few short months.

2010 was a year of growth and renewal for me. I feel like I came to terms with a lot and have finally accepted Noah's disabilities. Getting pregnant and having Collier played a huge part in that. I don't stress or worry so much about Noah's future as I once did. He's going to be okay. WE'RE all going to be okay... and not just okay, but happy!

And that's why I look forward to 2011! I look forward to what this new year has in store for our family. I can't wait to see Noah learn more and get stronger and stronger as he goes through his therapies. I'm excited to watch Collier as he develops more and more each month, learning what his little hands can do, how to sit up, to crawl around, as he finds his voice and begins laughing more and babbling, and for him to eventually begin walking around. The thing I look forward to the most is as all this happens, to be able to watch him and his brother as they become friends, play together, and learn from eachother. I pray for a great 2011 filled with fun experiences, happiness, and contentment for my family... and I hope the same for yours!
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Montgomery Family said...

I wish you and your family a great 2011!! Like I have always said before Whit you are a remarkable woman and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you all this year!! Love you!