We had a lazy Saturday of lounging around and watching movies at my parents house. That evening, we went to Cracker Barrel, Dad's favorite restaurant then ran to TJ Maxx for a little shopping. On Sunday morning, we got our kids up and ready and headed to church. We are so blessed to be apart of such an amazing church family as so many loved on my parents and let us know that they are praying for us and willing to help out whenever we need it. How comforting it is to know so many are praying for Dad! Mom, Dad, Jamie, the boys and I went to lunch at the new restaurant at Cypress Lakes Country Club, named Table 18 and it was delicious! After a Sunday afternoon nap, mom and I cooked dinner for everyone and we then enjoyed a delicious cheesecake from Stephano's (another favorite of my dad's). We ended our weekend with a "Who, What, Where" rematch and again, Lindsay won. I know we all hated to see the weekend come to an end, not just because we enjoyed each other's company, but also because of what the upcoming week had in store.
Quality time with my family all weekend long ... it may be boring to some, but it was perfect to me. And I have a feeling, we'll be spending many more weekends that same way.
1 comment:
That sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Praying for your dad!!
Post a Comment