I took the kids to the Cypress Lakes pool with my mom and sister on Monday while Jamie spent the morning on the golf course. This time we brought Collier's float and he loved floating around in the baby pool. The water was shallow enough so that his little feet touched the bottom and he was able to wade around in the water on his own (while in the float). Unfortunately, our little guy seems to be teething pretty hard so he only lasted about 45 minutes until he got really fussy. The only thing I had for him to chew on was his sippy cup but that kept him happy for just a little bit. I failed to bring any Tylenol so we took both the boys back to my parents house for naps. By that time, Jamie was finished playing golf and he watched the kids so that I could get a little alone time to soak up some sun at the pool. Jamie was on Cloud 9 because he shot his best score ever at 1 under par! He was ecstatic and to top it off, he beat my brother-in-law (who played golf in college) so that was icing on the cake.
After eating delicious steaks with baked potatoes, sweet corn and grilled veggies, we went outside and Noah rode his jeep up and down the street. The jeep was his birthday present from Jamie's parents and grandmother. We had to order it from Walmart.com and it arrived this past week. Jamie and I put it together and we charged it up so that he could play with it this weekend. He had a BLAST riding in it all over the place. He was laughing hysterically and having such a great time that even our neighbor heard him and came out to join in on our fun. He hasn't quite got the steering down just yet and half of the time he doesn't watch where he's going, so it will be awhile before I let him take Collier for a spin! Now I know how my parents felt when I first got my license and Lindsay wanted to ride with me. :) Afterwards, we enjoyed a yummy dessert that Lindsay and Derrick made and loaded up the kids to head home. Memorial Day is sort of like the kick-off to summer and judging on the high temperatures, I would say summer has definitely arrived. We had a great Memorial Day and it was never far from my mind that we were able to enjoy our early summer day all because of those in the military. Thank you to our troops for your dedication and sacrifice to our wonderful country and its people!
| At the Forest Hills Pool |
| Cypress Lakes -- taking a swim break |
![]() |
| Teething |
| Rollin' down the street... |
Here's a couple of videos of Noah riding his jeep up the street. PLEASE ignore my loud voice and laugh! Why is it that I always sound so much more country on a recording that I think I do in person?!And my laugh..ugh! I asked Jamie tonight if my laugh was really that bad and he just smiled... so I guess there's my answer! :) I'll have to remember to talk much quieter (or keep my mouth shut) when I'm holding the video camera next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment