Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Belated Father's Day Post

I began working on this post days ago and just got around to finishing it.  Life with two kids can sometimes result in a neglected blog...oh well, better late than never!

Happy Father's Day to the two dads in my life...my own dad and the father of my children!  I am so thankful for a dad that loves me and never fails to tell me.  I'm thankful for a dad that would do anything for his family, such as a Wal-mart run in the middle of the night when one of us needs medicine.  I'm thankful for a dad that treasures quality time with his family and wants us to spend our entire weekends with him and mom at their house, loves afternoons on the golf course with his two son-in-laws, and can't go but a just a few days without seeing his 2 favorite little boys.  I'm thankful for a dad that gives great advice, expected us to do our very best in school (and later when we entered the working world), and instilled in me the importance of working hard, respecting others, and making wise and responsible decisions.  There were plenty of times that I didn't appreciate my strict raising (in fact, I'm pretty sure I despised it) but guess what dad, you were right and now that I'm a parent, I DO understand.  I love that one of my fondest memories from my childhood and teenage years is of playing softball; one of the things that my dad and I shared. He would spent countless hours practicing with me in the yard and during the many years I played, he never once missed a game.  In fact, there were several times, where he would leave work to come watch our high school practices.  And during the summers, he would always assist with coaching our summer league and all-star teams.  I appreciate the time and effort that my dad put into my life and the things that I was interested in.  I love you, Dad!

Photobucket

And to Jamie... I'm so thankful for how hard you work to provide me and the boys with a happy, fulfilling life.  I'm so grateful that you are always willing to watch the boys and give me some "girl time" even when that involves me being gone overnight.  I love that you look forward to those times because you enjoy "boys night" with your two sweet sons.  I love your goofy and silly ways.  I love watching you roll around in the floor wrestling and playing with our precious boys and doing whatever you can to hear their precious giggles.  I love how you've become this amazing man that loves the Lord with all his heart. Our boys are so lucky to have you as a father and I couldn't have hoped or prayed for a more perfect daddy.  I know that our kids will grow up knowing that without a doubt they are the center of your world and you love them more than life itself!  Happy Father's Day, Jamie and I love you so much!


Jamie & Noah
Jamie & Collier

No comments: