Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BIG day for my BIG boy

Noah first day of preschool was today!   He is going to the same place he went last year for therapy, however, now he goes everyday from 8 - 1:30.  While he's there, he gets to be in a classroom setting with other kids, but then they pull him out of class and work on him with his therapy.  And they feed him breakfast and lunch! He had a great first day and really enjoyed being around other kids his age.  He was asleep on his mat when I came to pick him up and they told me he was worn out because he walked so much today. 

I'm excited about all that he'll learn while he's there plus I know he needs the interaction with other kids.  This will be great in helping prepare him for Kindergarten next year. But I'm not going to lie... it makes me a little sad that this is the first step in something that will be a big part of his life. He has a good 16 years of school ahead of him and I can't believe we are already to the point that he's now going full time. However, it is nice having a little one on one with Collier... and I was able to get SO many things taken care of today!

We had another first today, but not quite as enjoyable as school... Noah's first trip to the dentist.  He wasn't too sure about letting them look in his mouth but from what they could see, his teeth looked great.  I'm glad that's something that we only have to do twice a year.  I've never had a cavity and I hope Noah takes after me because I don't even want to think about trying to fix a cavity in his mouth.  I'm pretty sure they'd have to sedate him!


Collier sure is going to miss his brother!

And momma can't believe her baby is now in school!
(And yes, this is terrible of me but I liked it of Noah)

No comments: