Friday, August 19, 2011

My God, He never ceases to amaze me!

So you all read about how last year my dad's application was selected for Masters practice round tickets after years and years and YEARS of applying.  He wasn't able to go because he was right in the middle of chemo treatments so he let Jamie and Derrick each bring a friend.  It was supposed to be a guys trip for my Dad, Jamie and Derrick and they had all been looking forward to it for months.  Dad was upset because he was afraid that was a once in a lifetime kind of experience and that he probably wouldn't get another chance, but there was nothing he could do about.  Jamie and Derrick had a great time but it always bothered Jamie that my dad was unable to go. Well, this year Dad, Jamie and Derrick all applied, except that I did too, because I was hoping to increase their chances.  I just found out yesterday that MY application was chosen! So now Dad WILL be able to go this next year!  I can't begin to tell you how excited I was and my Dad was shocked!  The guys are all so excited that they will get to take the trip together this next year.  The chances of being chosen twice in a row are pretty slim to none so the credit on this one goes 100% to God!  Thank you God, for answering even the smallest prayers!  You've made Jackie Powell a very happy, excited man!

No comments: