Jamie turned 32 on August 3. We celebrated with my parents, Lindsay and Derrick with a shrimp boil on the weekend before his birthday. During that week, Jamie and I also celebrated with dinner at Dales and with his family by having dinner at the Marriott. The following week, on August 9th, Jamie and I celebrated our 8th anniversary! I wouldn't want to go through this life with anyone other than him by my side. He makes me a better person and I couldn't ask for a more perfect partner, daddy and confidant. I thank the Lord daily for placing Jamie in my life. In my opinion, this past year has been our greatest! I guess it rings true that you DO get better with age. :) We've gotten much better at making our marriage work. Not that we have everything all figured out but after going through lots of ups and downs, we now know how to get through them together and with God's guidance.
Jamie surprised me with a delivery of a beautiful array of colorful flowers: sunflowers, hot pink daisies, stargazer lilies and roses. And I got a purse that I've had my eye on. The funny thing is that I asked for a steam mop, but I guess a purse is much better! Althougth, I do still want that steam mop!
A week ago Friday, on Aug. 5, Dad had his stem cell transplant at Vanderbilt and everything went really well. He's been pretty weak and sick since and has lost quite a bit of weight, which is all to be expected. It's just part of the process. Early this past Friday morning, he was admitted back into the hospital for a high fever and we've since found out he has an infection that they are treating with an antibiotic. He feels terrible and hasn't eaten much in the past week, but hopefully once his white blood count begin rising, he'll begin feeling more like himself. Jamie, the kids and I went to visit them this past weekend. Since Collier is under 2, he couldn't go up to see dad but Noah was able to. At first, he was really weary of his Papa laying in a hospital bed wearing a mask over his mouth and nose, however, after he warmed up to it, he hopped right up in the bed with him and gave my dad lots of lovin'. I know that's just what dad needed after having not seen him for 2 weeks!
My friends were all getting together Saturday night in Nashville to celebrate Chenequa's birthday so it worked perfectly for me. Noah stayed with my mom at her apartment, Jamie and Collier stayed in a hotel room and I met up with my friends for the evening. The girls and I visited Arrington Vineyards, which is right outside Nashville. It is a beautiful vineyard where they offer wine tastings and have a band providing entertainment. And the weather was perfect! We had a great time enjoying the scenery and catching up with one another (and of course, trying out some of the wine). On Sunday, we visited with dad for a few hours, ate lunch with mom and headed back home. I'm glad we got to spend some time with my parents... these past two weeks have been the longest I've gone with out seeing them and even though I'm home, I've still been a bit homesick for them to get back to the Shoals. My dad is still in the hospital and will hopefully get out by the weekend. Please continue to keep him in your prayers!
![]() |
| After our wine tasting |
The Girls at Arrington Vineyards
|



1 comment:
Don't you just LOVE Nashville! I'm going to check out the Arrington Vineyard for a date night or maybe MNO with my moms club. Sounds like fun. I also haven't tried Whiskey Kitchen either but I have tried all their sister restaurants and they are FAB!
Post a Comment