Monday, October 24, 2011

The Greatest Show on Earth!

I remember October 21, 2010 very fondly.  Noah and I joined Jamie for lunch at Dish in downtown Florence.  I can recall exactly what I ate... the portobello mushroom panini with fruit and I even remember running into a friend and her dad who were dining there as well.  Following our lunch, Noah and I came back home, where he took a nap and I laid on the couch to rest.  I was 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant and at THAT point. Noah woke from his nap and we left to meet my mom at the mall.  Shortly after meeting up with her, we noticed my face was SWOLLEN so one quick trip to the pharmacy to check my blood pressure, a call into my OB's office and I was admitted into the hospital to be monitored.  They released me later that evening once it came back down to normal, but little did we know, we would be meeting our precious baby boy less than 24 hours later!  And we celebrated Collier turning the big ONE on the eve of his birthday with our immediate family by having them over to our house for dinner and cake!


We celebrated Collier's 1st birthday with a circus-themed bash, complete with a colorful, circus-styled cake creation and colorful balloons everywhere!  We enjoyed some of our fall favorites for dinner... Taco Soup, Potato Soup and Broccoli Cheese Cornbread (delicious!).  The kids had elephant shaped PB&J with animal crackers and circus peanuts (not very nutritious but I was trying to stick with the circus theme!)  Following dinner, Collier I opened presents.  He was too busy to stop playing for long, but would occasionally come over to see what I was doing.  Since we really don't need too many more toys, Collier got lots and lots of really cute clothes! Following presents, we sang Happy Birthday to our sweet guy and let him dig in to his very own birthday cake.  He was much neater than I thought he'd be and carefully picked up each little piece of icing and put it in his mouth.  He didn't really try to much of the cake part and after it was all said and done, there was only one little speck of cake on the floor! My thoughtful little boy knew how hard his momma had worked to clean the house and was trying his best to keep it that way. 

After the presents were opened and the candles were blown out, it was time for everyone to go.  We had such a great time celebrating Collier's first year of life!  He's a blessed little guy to have so many that love him so much and we thank you all for helping us celebrating him turn the big ONE.






























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute party! I love all of your decorations! Looks like it was a great time!

Nina Long said...

such a precious party!! you have a beautiful family!!