My baby boy is officially a one year old! The past 12 months have been perfect with Collier apart of our lives. I love his infectious little smile that he gives so freely to any and everyone. His bubbly and friendly personality makes my day and he loves being around those closest to him, but is just as friendly to new faces! I love watching his eyes light up when he gets excited or discovers something new. He is truly an easy baby and it's such a joy to be his mom!
This month Collier has learned to say "mama." I won't even try to pretend like I wasn't THRILLED to hear that sweet little word! It makes my day every time he says it. I've waited a long, long time to be called mama by my babies and I don't think it will ever get old hearing. Collier chatters all day long and it's so funny to watch! He will carry on some intense conversations by himself.... I just wish I knew what he was saying. He also repeats me when I say "no, no, no." When I'm feeding him, I'll say, "yum, yum, yum" after each bite and he'll repeat, "num, num, num" and sometimes, he'll just say "mmmmm..." while eating. So cute. :) He treats everything as though its a telephone and will put any object he can find up to his ear and jabber away, as if having a make-believe conversation. He has also learned how to clap his sweet little hands and will do so whenever we say, "yayyyy, Collier!" He is a smart little guy and amazes me daily at the things he picks up on and learns. Each morning when he wakes up in his crib, he'll stand up and press the button on his mobile to turn it on, then lay back down underneath it and watch the colorful lights display and listen to the sweet lullabyes. He will lay there watching his mobile (and of course, talking to himself), just as happy as can be, until I come in to get him to begin our day.
Another exciting thing that happened this past month was that Collier took his first 3 steps on his birthday! My mom, Jamie and I were there to witness it. My dad was in the den with us, but somehow missed it. We were so excited and cheered and clapped for him! I know it will be too soon before his is toddling around the house! Collier gives the best, slobbery little kisses and it's so sweet when he wraps his arms around one of us and lays his little head on your shoulder. Although these moments are brief because he's too busy to sit still for long!
At his 1 year check up, he weighed 20lbs 10oz (20%) and measured 30" in length (55%). After checking him out, Dr. Crenshaw told us he was just perfect! Of course, she wasn't telling us anything that we didn't already know. :) He currently has 2 little teeth, the one on top and another one coming through on bottom, directly beneath the first one. Yep, his little smile resembles that of a jack-o'lantern!
Simply put, Collier is a little ball of energy, fun and excitement. We love him more than words can say. I'm thankful for this past year and look forward to the years and years of fun that lie ahead as Collier's (and of course, Noah's) mama. God answered my prayers when he gave me another son. I'm so proud of both of my boys and lucky to be their mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment